I've been on an unlocked BOLD for a few months now, finally gonna go to at&t so I can have the 3g feature. I was messing with it for the first time the other day on my break and fell in deeper love with the phone. Since then, i've been trying to sell my Unlocked BOLD to get a brand new one. Finally gonna meet up with this guy tm and sell the device, then go to at&t and get a brand new one! I was excited the first time to get the unlocked bold, but even more excited this time to get it brand new with 3G!

just thought i'd share with all of you. Wish me luck!

jt
    06-08-09 10:00 PM
    why spend more money on a brand new one? I would just get some new cases to replace the old one.
    06-08-09 10:26 PM
    lmao. this sounds stupid. sell a bold, to buy a bold? pointless imo. You would probably be getting a refurb now that most Bold's are all $199...
    06-08-09 10:41 PM
    There really is no point to what you want to do other then waste money.
    06-08-09 10:50 PM
    all *new bolds* in the US are probably refurbs anyhow... by now... i am gonna get some flaming for this, i'm sure, but seriously, keep your current one and get a *no contract* deal (Y)
    06-08-09 10:53 PM
    Just put an AT&T SIM in your current Bold and you'll get 3G. Pretty foolish to get something u already have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 10:53 PM
    get a new faceplate or whatever u want.
    blackout, or make it white, pink ect ect..
    u dont need to get a new bold. its a waste.
    u should save money for a coming new BB.
    06-08-09 11:46 PM
    Yeah, you should just go to att sign up for an account and tell them you want the sim only option without the 2 year contract.

That way you can save the upgrade for the onyx or any other phone you might want.
    06-08-09 11:55 PM
    Yeah, keep what you have. Don't bother doing that.

06-09-09 01:47 AM
    Yeah, you should just go to att sign up for an account and tell them you want the sim only option without the 2 year contract.

That way you can save the upgrade for the onyx or any other phone you might want.
    +1 this is what i would do.
    06-09-09 02:20 AM
    you arent missing anything by not being on 3G anways. probably gonna experience dropped calls and crappy battery life on 3G. i keep my phone on EDGE.
    06-09-09 02:34 AM
    Why sell your Bold for a brand new one...it doesnt make sense at all a waste of money..
    06-09-09 03:08 AM
    No need for me to comment. I agree with all the above.
    06-09-09 03:50 AM
    Stick with what you have now. If 3G is the reason you're going to at&t, you will be sadly disappointed. I now keep my Bold on EDGE. 3G is more trouble than it's worth, at least for me here in NYC.

With 3G enabled, a lot of calls don't even come through on my phone, they get routed straight to voicemail. Data connection is dicey, I constantly get "could not connect" messages when browsing, or "you have insufficient data coverage" when using the fb app. Also, the speed is no better than using EDGE. And 3G saps battery life like nobody's business.

Your milage may vary however, just my 2 cents.

06-09-09 10:07 PM
    Why don't you sell the Bold, and get a prepaid phone.
    06-09-09 10:09 PM
    Well. He should be making money on this deal. He's selling an unlocked Bold and grabbing a subsidized one for $199... I don't see anything wrong with that. Hey OP, how much did you get for your unlocked Bold?

Last edited by sandos; 06-09-09 at 10:18 PM.
    06-09-09 10:14 PM
    Stick with what you have now. If 3G is the reason you're going to at&t, you will be sadly disappointed. I now keep my Bold on EDGE. 3G is more trouble than it's worth, at least for me here in NYC.

With 3G enabled, a lot of calls don't even come through on my phone, they get routed straight to voicemail. Data connection is dicey, I constantly get "could not connect" messages when browsing, or "you have insufficient data coverage" when using the fb app. Also, the speed is no better than using EDGE. And 3G saps battery life like nobody's business.

Your milage may vary however, just my 2 cents.

That's weird, because my 3G experience has been just the opposite. (I know you said YMMV...just sharing my experiences.)

I never miss a call with 3G, never get "could not connect" or "insufficient data coverage" messages. Speed is significantly better than EDGE for me, though not fantastic. Battery life has never been an issue with the .266 OS. Plus, I have chargers everywhere, so it's a non factor for me, anyway.

But the best part of 3G is not the speed: it's the simultaneous voice and data. No longer do I have to end a call or browsing session to get emails and mms messages.
    06-09-09 11:23 PM
    seriously 3G screams for me and i have it almost all the time. Is it just me or am i missing something, just cause its unlocked and running on tmobile, cant you just reverse the process and turn it back to ATT and just get the sim card
    06-09-09 11:47 PM
    shorts- First off, it's your money to spend as you like- not mine. So, I'm not going to try and persuade you one way or another. Yes, there will be new BlackBerries coming to multiple carriers as mentioned here on CB. So, before you make a choice, realize that you do have options. Good Luck
    06-10-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD