Today, with a tinge of sadness, I departed the old familiar world of Blackberry.

I think I have had about 10 or 12 different BB's over the years. I remember feeling like the dogs dangly bits when out and about the town with my 'smartphone', my 'business' mans phone!!! No-one had seen anything like, it back in the day. Halcyon days indeed. Then those wack-jobs (see what I done there?) named after a certain fruit came along. It all started to go t*ts-up from there I think. Anyway, I digress......................

My 9900 was starting to play-up and was ready to depart to the great smartphone in the sky. I pondered, scratched my head, tapped my fingers and rubbed my chin in trying to think of what handset to get as a replacement. Z10? another 9900? wait for the Q10 or wait for the mysterious super Blackberry to come out?

To be honest, I personally find the Z10, as far as smart phones go (aren't they all smartphones?) anyway, I digress, again - Personally, I find the Z10 uninspiring, bland if I may. It never really excited me like the old BB's. Perhaps I'm just a stick-in-the-mud old BB fan!!!

The Q10, again in my opinion is also not very exciting. Perhaps I have just fell out of love with BB? who knows? I don't!!

I guess one of the final things that maybe a factor in all of this was the build-up, the hype in the wait for BB10. I was expecting BB to come back with BB10 with a vengeance, a bang, a phone that would knock the whole world flat on it's ar*e.

In my opinion, RIM came back with BB10 with a, well, fizzle!

So, as I said at the beginning, I'm off. I'm off to the world of HTC One. I have it in my hand as I speak, and the phone!

In all fairness, I haven't a friggin clue what I'm doing with this Android malarkey! Looks good though! Seriously - what a sublime piece of kit this HTC One is. Beautifully machined aluminium, specs to die for, speakers so loud my ears turned inside out and faster than a fast thing from fastville Alabama.

I know I'm making light of all this but I'm genuinely very sad not to have a BB in my hand for the first time in years. So - see ya gang. I'll be logging on now and then just to see what's going on.

So long - god-bless.
    04-22-13 11:35 AM
    04-22-13 11:39 AM
    See you again in about 2 years
    04-22-13 12:11 PM
    Great choice with the One! Its an amazing phone. I too have left bb many times for all the greatest phones including an iphone 5 and a note 2, but as always, I come back to my trusty 9930. That is untill the q10 comes out
    04-22-13 07:00 PM
    Great choice with the One! Its an amazing phone. I too have left bb many times for all the greatest phones including an iphone 5 and a note 2, but as always, I come back to my trusty 9930. That is untill the q10 comes out
    That's me. I have had and liked them all, but I still came back to my 9930. I have the Note 2 right now and use my 9930 for all my calls, texting, emailing and scheduling. I'm holding out to check out the Q10 even though I really liked the Z10 when I checked it out.
    04-23-13 11:29 AM
    See you again in about 2 years
    Probably more like 2 months
    04-23-13 02:31 PM
    Buh-bye...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:12 PM
    Good luck and enjoy.
    04-23-13 05:33 PM
    Today, with a tinge of sadness, I departed the old familiar world of Blackberry.

I think I have had about 10 or 12 different BB's over the years. I remember feeling like the dogs dangly bits when out and about the town with my 'smartphone', my 'business' mans phone!!! No-one had seen anything like, it back in the day. Halcyon days indeed. Then those wack-jobs (see what I done there?) named after a certain fruit came along. It all started to go t*ts-up from there I think. Anyway, I digress......................

My 9900 was starting to play-up and was ready to depart to the great smartphone in the sky. I pondered, scratched my head, tapped my fingers and rubbed my chin in trying to think of what handset to get as a replacement. Z10? another 9900? wait for the Q10 or wait for the mysterious super Blackberry to come out?

To be honest, I personally find the Z10, as far as smart phones go (aren't they all smartphones?) anyway, I digress, again - Personally, I find the Z10 uninspiring, bland if I may. It never really excited me like the old BB's. Perhaps I'm just a stick-in-the-mud old BB fan!!!

The Q10, again in my opinion is also not very exciting. Perhaps I have just fell out of love with BB? who knows? I don't!!

I guess one of the final things that maybe a factor in all of this was the build-up, the hype in the wait for BB10. I was expecting BB to come back with BB10 with a vengeance, a bang, a phone that would knock the whole world flat on it's ar*e.

In my opinion, RIM came back with BB10 with a, well, fizzle!

So, as I said at the beginning, I'm off. I'm off to the world of HTC One. I have it in my hand as I speak, and the phone!

In all fairness, I haven't a friggin clue what I'm doing with this Android malarkey! Looks good though! Seriously - what a sublime piece of kit this HTC One is. Beautifully machined aluminium, specs to die for, speakers so loud my ears turned inside out and faster than a fast thing from fastville Alabama.

I know I'm making light of all this but I'm genuinely very sad not to have a BB in my hand for the first time in years. So - see ya gang. I'll be logging on now and then just to see what's going on.

So long - god-bless.
    Good riddance - I am so tired of reading threads from the losers that are announcing their departure! like who f$&?@&? Cares - just gtfo

God bless
    04-23-13 05:51 PM

Good riddance - I am so tired of reading threads from the losers that are announcing their departure! like who f$&?@&? Cares - just gtfo

God bless
    Amen!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-23-13 06:13 PM