I have a few questions.

1. My data plan is unlimited (5GB full speed data) on tmobile. However to get tethering it
    Costs an additional $15 a month on top of the current $30 I play. If I use the Tether application insteal
    Of getting a tethering plan will tmobile call me like ATT is doing with iphone users? Is it possible for them
    To see if I'm tethering.

2. For some reason I am not getting push email. None of myt accounts are receiving mail and I re-set them up 3 times
    How can I fix this

3. The blackberry maps icon isn't showing up. I've downloaded it from RIMs site and it still won't show up. I've also. Resent t
    The registration message in the host rounting table menu any fixes on this either?
    Also I'm on os 6.0.0.600

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 04:31 PM
    Have you actually got a BlackBerry specific data plan, as a normal data plan won't work on a BB... hence no push email and BB Maps
    09-09-11 05:03 PM
    Yes its an actual bb data plan. I got it over the phone with a tmobile rep.

09-09-11 05:09 PM
    Getting it from a rep does not mean it BIS. Call them again and check.
    09-09-11 09:29 PM
    its a bis plan as it shows that in my tmobile account page. also i just got maps to work (reinstalled from DM) works great now. i just need push email to work now and that tether question answered
    09-10-11 12:50 AM
    You can call the carrier and have them check that you are registered with the network. Do you have signal and the BlackBerry symbol in the top right corner?Or, delete all your service books and then go to Advanced Options, Host Routing Table and the option Register Now. Then pull the battery and after the reboot check if you're getting push email after a couple minutes. I know you tried this step but sometimes you need delete the service books first and then you need to pull the battery afterward. If it doesn't work, you'll need to call your service provider.
    09-10-11 05:52 AM
    tmobile.blackberry.com - Create an account and set up your email.

Or go Settings > Email Accounts in the device (in device for the link above, but you still need an account).
    09-10-11 10:38 AM
    after speaking with a T-Mobile customer service rep i identified the issue for the push email. My firewall on the blackberrry was blocking all email. so that issue is fixed.

Still i want to start using the tether application but am worried as i dont want tmobile to call me up like ATT has been doing with iPhone users who have been tethering without a tethering plan. Is it possible for tmobile to see if i am using the tether application
    09-10-11 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD