so i left my phone with me when i went to the bathroom i think the steam must have got it still starts. it makes the tone for every button but talk end and pushing down on the track ball doesnt work
    06-05-09 10:29 AM
    so i left my phone with me when i went to the bathroom i think the steam must have got it still starts. it makes the tone for every button but talk end and pushing down on the track ball doesnt work
    Weird! I often. Bring my Bold and play music while I shower/shave and have never come across this... Do you actually see condension inside your screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 10:53 AM
    Pull out the battery and put everything in a baggie full of dry rice, that will absorb any moisture.
    06-05-09 10:58 AM
    i agree with the rice suggestion. i've never had this happen but it does work.
    06-05-09 11:15 AM
    i have never had this problem. you might as well chuck it at someone and see if that fixes it.
    06-05-09 12:55 PM
    i have never had this problem. you might as well chuck it at someone and see if that fixes it.
    oh, this is whats called internet humor i guess...

to the orignial poster, i agree with the rice solution.
    06-05-09 01:37 PM
    I too use my bold in the bano and I never experiences this. Makes me think twice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 01:42 PM
    This is the second report of this same issue, same circumstance.
    06-05-09 01:54 PM
    I have had a similar issue also while in the shower.. After the shower the trackball double clicked on a single click, and some of the buttons did the wrong function.. it dried up after 2 days...
    06-12-09 07:54 AM
    I'll use mine for music in the shower too, but after my screen fogged up the first time I started puting the phone face down on an article of clothing and covering up most of the phone with another piece (or the same piece folded over) of clothing, leaving the speaker exposed. No condensation, no fogging, no moisture, no problem.
    06-12-09 08:25 AM
    BTW: Take out your battery and set the phone about a foot or so away from a light bulb (open -- do not put your battery cover back on). The phone will get warm/hot to the touch but it will dry out any moisture left in the phone. Put it under the lamp for 20-30mins, then let cool, then repeat if there's still moisture in the phone. My BB took a swim on a cabrewing trip and I did this to dry out the water inside the screen... everything works fine. Been over a month.
    06-12-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD