Okay, I know this has been posted already, but I can't find any current info and I'm at my point of complete frustration. Please, someone, fill me in on when this problem will be fixed...

I love everything about my new Bold 9650 (Verizon Wireless)... I love the GPS, WiFi, overall look and feel, but I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS BUG!
    I'll be in the middle of a text thread, and then "PFFFFT"... it won't open the thread anymore. No way to view that particular text, not even with a hard reset. I can ask the person to re-send, but it does the same thing again. This happens at least once a day to me.

I don't have any extra apps running, just the standard "Browser", "Phone", "Messages", "BB Messenger" and "Home Screen". In fact, since I just got this, I haven't even installed a single app.

At my wit's end... nothing I can do will open these (not a big deal for the messages in the past, but I CAN'T EVEN READ NEW ONES???), and I can't find a way to prevent this. Please let me know if there has been any progress here.

Thanks!
    06-24-10 11:13 PM
    I have been having this same problem on my Tour, I don't have a solution for you but I did find a work around(for me anyway). If I go to the menu and choose compose sms, then select the name from contacts, it will open the thread. I will look forward to seeing if you get any better answers. This is very annoying!
    06-24-10 11:23 PM
    I have tried all of the methods that people have listed... None of those workarounds give me any success, even that "compose sms" one that you mention.
    The ONLY way I've been able to see the dead message is to go to folder view and highlight the dead message (don't click it, just highlight). Then I hit the BB/menu button and select "forward message". This automatically puts the dead message in to the body of my new fake message, and I can then read it.
    I see that this problem is more than 6 months old. I never had this issue on my curve... And I'm very disappointed in the new blackberry glitch.

I urge anyone who uses SMS frequently to AVOID this, as it seems that there's no end in sight. I'm very let down.
    I have been having this same problem on my Tour, I don't have a solution for you but I did find a work around(for me anyway). If I go to the menu and choose compose sms, then select the name from contacts, it will open the thread. I will look forward to seeing if you get any better answers. This is very annoying!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 11:43 PM
    I have tried all of the methods that people have listed... None of those workarounds give me any success, even that "compose sms" one that you mention.
    The ONLY way I've been able to see the dead message is to go to folder view and highlight the dead message (don't click it, just highlight). Then I hit the BB/menu button and select "forward message". This automatically puts the dead message in to the body of my new fake message, and I can then read it.
    I see that this problem is more than 6 months old. I never had this issue on my curve... And I'm very disappointed in the new blackberry glitch.

I urge anyone who uses SMS frequently to AVOID this, as it seems that there's no end in sight. I'm very let down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am assuming you have tried a batter pull, so my suggestion would be to either get it exchanged immediately or at least reload the OS
    06-25-10 08:08 AM
    I had other SMS problems with my bold I got about 2 weeks ago and had to exchange and now i don't have any probs with the new one.

The old one said "embedded text" in the string and I couldn't read anything when I opened the list of sms msgs my friend and I had exchanged. It would also say I had new ones when I didn't. Now I did called Sprint at the time and learned that somehow they can remove your sms option and then read it to your acct, verizon can probably do the same.

Or did you reinstall the OS? I'm not a teckie but maybe that would work??
    06-25-10 08:34 AM
    Ok wonderful...so today with my NEW bold I got the same error message "embedded text" and it was AFTER i had an ongoing thread with this particular person. Previously I had experienced it with a DIFFERENT person on my OLD phone. Part of the reason why i got rid of my first bold was because of this issue with text msgs. What is the deal here?! After about 5 min, it showed the actually text someone sent me. Very odd....

Anyone!??!
    07-07-10 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD