The SMS txt icon is missing from the homescreen, the only way I can view my txts is by using the search feature. I have also checked my inbox settings under 'inbox management' and it still does not appear. This is extremely frustrating and any help will be much appreciated!
    05-17-12 04:33 PM
    You may have put the text icon in a folder on your home screen.

Search other icons and folders on your home screen.
    05-17-12 04:43 PM
    do a show all for icons too you might have hidden it by accident.
    05-17-12 05:00 PM
    Yes, I had already done that. It's not hidden on the home page and since I reset all panels and icons the only other folders it may be hidden in, is the Media folder or the Applications folder and it is in neither of those. I should also mention that I did a battery pull. The only other resolutions I can think of is either doing Security Reset or re-installing the OS via Desktop Manager. It's like it virtually disappeared, it doesn't even show up as an option in the messages panel (which it usually does)
    Last edited by TheyCallMeBriaN; 05-17-12 at 07:16 PM.
    05-17-12 07:10 PM
    Try a search "text messages". If u see your icon go to option and properties. That may show u where it's at. Others I'm sure will help as well. Pretty sure it's there somewhere. Good Luck.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-17-12 07:36 PM
    Doing that will wipe everything off your phone. So backup and think carefully
    08-20-12 09:20 PM
    I just had the same problem. I took the phone and placed the factory settings. You will loose the customization but you can re customize it again. Take the battery out and re boot.

It should appear in the main menu tray.

Good Luck
    11-13-12 10:09 AM
    I have tried everything in prior threads. I can use search to find the text icon but cannot move it to the main icon list. I have checked and shown all folders and no luck. Suggestions please.
    07-08-13 08:49 PM
    i then only have the contact numers of people that i have called and of that who have called me, but no names, even though i have them in my contacts???
    07-10-13 08:02 AM
    My phone had the same issues with icons disappearing.
    I simply reinstalled the os .
    I have never had that problem since !

Try updating or reinstalling .
    Don't forget to backup !
    07-10-13 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD