i need some help with sms. would you need to change the data center ph# in options, sms when you travel in order for your sms to work?

here's the situation. lets imagine i take my 9700 over to europe and pop in a lets say local vodafone prepaid sim. would i have to change that # for sms to work?
    06-27-10 11:33 AM
    If you put in a new SIM card, you'll have a new phone number... are you asking how you can get your SMS messages from you old phone number to your new phone number???
    06-27-10 12:14 PM
    no thats not what i mean
    06-27-10 12:18 PM
    If you drop a new SIM card in from another operator, you will get a new Service center for SMS. I think this is what you wanted to know.

For this to work you willned to make sure that your phone is unlocked prior to inserting the new SIM card.

If you do this, only phone calls and SMS will work without a BlackBerry dataplan.

Should you come to the UK then you will need a proper address (not an hotel) + your passport + your drivers license + a recent utility bill from this address before a SIM card will be authorized to you. How do I know this? I used to live in Switzerland and when I came to the UK I had to do this in order to get a SIM card for myself. You may thank 9/11 for these new an improved identification measures.
    06-27-10 01:11 PM
    yup, that's what i mean. the phone will definitely unlocked. i just wasn't sure if the sms data centre # would automatically change or not. thx
    06-27-10 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD