Is there a way to SMS or MMS one's contact info? On my old palm treo, there was a neat feature to handle/send virtual business cards but I don't see any similar option with BlackBerry, despite the perception of it being a business type of phone. The best I can do is to email my contact info as an attachment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:28 AM
    yeah E-mail or BBM is all i got.
    as far as SMS and MMS, what I usually do is copy and paste the contacts info from the address book. I know thats not quite what you are looking for but thats how i go about it...
    04-02-09 01:56 PM
    get Nokia lol
    04-05-09 08:30 AM
    Can't remember the name of it, but there is a new app I saw either in the crackberry app store or blackberry appworld that is similar to this. I want to say it is in the crackberry store though

04-05-09 08:46 AM
    A phone like the blackberry should have come with something like this. This is something
    I've seen on phones god knows how long ago. I looked into this not so long ago and gave up
    having not found anything useful to help me accomplish this. Hopefully their is an app out
    there to do it, even though it should be pre-built into the phone.

04-05-09 10:50 AM
    I'm gonna be watching this thread closely as I'm too looking for an app that can send business cards via sms .... If any1 knows of any apps plz post the link here or pm it to me if u feel like being nice

04-05-09 11:06 AM
    As far as keeping business cards for others, I have no clue. However I think the OP wanted to be able to sms their own business card to others. If so the simple solution is to use Auto Text to create a busines card shortcut. For instance, my company is "The Wallpaper Guy" When I type "twpg" then hit spacebar,my company name, name, adress,phone# and email adress are displayed. In other words a business card. This is also a great way to create custom email sigs.

04-05-09 11:42 AM
    That's also a good idea. Thanks for sharing, sometimes you wonder how you didn't think of something lol

04-05-09 12:11 PM
    Great idea. Just finish creating one. Thanks for the tip.
    04-05-09 05:42 PM
    ive had my curve for 9 months now, and today was the first time i tried to sms a contact and was dismayed that i couldn't. this is the first truly crackish thing ive seen on a blackberry-love the guy who said "get a nokia"-so true...nokia spoiled me on this feature and being able to listen to the mp3 player thru bluetooth, another failure by blackberry, but i still love it. closest thing to phone sex ive ever found without a partner
    04-22-09 12:37 PM
    Great idea wallpaperguy!

04-22-09 01:09 PM
    As far as keeping business cards for others, I have no clue. However I think the OP wanted to be able to sms their own business card to others. If so the simple solution is to use Auto Text to create a busines card shortcut. For instance, my company is "The Wallpaper Guy" When I type "twpg" then hit spacebar,my company name, name, adress,phone# and email adress are displayed. In other words a business card. This is also a great way to create custom email sigs.

I think that's the only way I can take with the BB, thanks, wallpaperguy.
    04-22-09 01:43 PM
    On the treo, you used IR to send the contact info as a business card, so it wasn't sms if I recall.
    This is one of the features that neither windows mobile or the BB OS feels is needed, but its something that should be included.
    06-11-09 09:14 AM
    Hi,

There is a new tool for exchanging Vcards between Blackberry and Nokia. It's called "SMS VCard Add-on" and it's available for little money....

It enables Blackberry users to receive, import and send contacts using the same SMS protocol as Nokia.

You can search the net for "SMS VCard Add-on" and find info on the app.
    The reviews are good for this add-on.
    09-11-09 10:10 AM
    Ok, How do you send info from pin or email. I have been searching "business card" and can't find anything?
    09-13-09 02:45 PM
    SMS vCard Add-On works well on OS 5 but it sucks on OS6. Although, it says full compatibility with OS6 (Torch) but I tried several times to send VCard, it doesn't send at all.
    07-02-11 02:58 AM
    you could try xcontact
    07-02-11 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD