When I am getting a text I get the alert, and the bbm icon. When I go to my message main there is nothing there. If I scroll I notice a small sliver higlighted between messages. Click on it and there it is. Kind of annoying to have to really search and not know who its from. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 12:57 PM
    Have you looked in your BBM app/inbox (not sure if you have them all listed in your messages/sms box).
    I know with the 5.0 os it "Relates" or links contacts in your address book to bbm, which means if you have a contact that sms's and bbm's you - they will all show up in bbm. The only way I've seen around it is to create two contacts (cruddy) one for bbm and one regular (phone, email, address, etc).
    I think it only links contacts that you've added with the pin.
    *shrug* I could be wrong..

Sorry if this doesnt help!
    05-24-10 01:12 PM
    It is something like that. If I go to bbm I can see a conversation but can't open it. If I click on the person that sends it I start a new bbm. I think that is because they are sending sms. I am deleting pins from address book to see if that works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 01:17 PM
    Thats exactly what happened to me and that is the reason, your sms is showing in your bbm chat app and when you try to respond that way it sends a bbm instead of sms.
    Stupid linking stuff. I search (albeit not VERY hard) to find a way to make it stop and that's where I left off (unlinking my contacts).
    You dont have to delete your pin's - you can just go to bbm and use the option to unlink your contacts.

This will work, but make you unable to add a photo to them. I like the photo/icon's for my friends so I used two contacts for them.
    05-24-10 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD