Hello, I literally just had the issue of being really angry and making the mistake of smashing my phone, yes I know it's despicable my excuse is someone kept pinging me at 1 in the morning when I had to be up at 5... I was too tired to think I could just turn it off. But anyway my problem is I can't afford to replace the phone and maybe can't afford to get it repaired, my main worry though is all my memos etc on it were very important to me and since the screen is smashed (not just the digitizer, the whole thing) due to the side of the phone caving in I can't see anything on screen and the cable port is mashed and inaccessible. What can I do to get it either repaired or get everything off of it? Thanks
    p.s please no hate, telling me I'm stupid isn't wanted, I only want help.
    09-16-13 06:51 PM
    Hello, I literally just had the issue of being really angry and making the mistake of smashing my phone, yes I know it's despicable my excuse is someone kept pinging me at 1 in the morning when I had to be up at 5... I was too tired to think I could just turn it off. But anyway my problem is I can't afford to replace the phone and maybe can't afford to get it repaired, my main worry though is all my memos etc on it were very important to me and since the screen is smashed (not just the digitizer, the whole thing) due to the side of the phone caving in I can't see anything on screen and the cable port is mashed and inaccessible. What can I do to get it either repaired or get everything off of it? Thanks
    p.s please no hate, telling me I'm stupid isn't wanted, I only want help.
    WOW I'm sorry this happened.

OK, the SD card will obviously have all your media so that's not a problem. I'm really hoping that you did a backup of your device so that you can transfer to a new BlackBerry.

As far as a physical retrieval of memory, I hope someone here might have a how to on that.

I'm really sorry.

For what it's worth, I'm glad you found your way to us. Welcome...I'm hoping you find the answer you need.
    09-16-13 07:13 PM
    Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I never had an SD card in the phone as the 8gb was enough for me, I just checked my Blackberry desktop program and my last backup was months ago on my old phone. To be honest nothing is worrying me as much as losing my memos as I had over 40 songs written down and loads of lyric samples which were all ready to be recorded, so if you have any idea how I could retrieve them despite the charger port being mashed and the screen smashed that would be great. My friend (who's quite good on this stuff) suggested having the hard drive taken out and put in a new phone, is this possible?
    09-17-13 06:05 AM
    Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I never had an SD card in the phone as the 8gb was enough for me, I just checked my Blackberry desktop program and my last backup was months ago on my old phone. To be honest nothing is worrying me as much as losing my memos as I had over 40 songs written down and loads of lyric samples which were all ready to be recorded, so if you have any idea how I could retrieve them despite the charger port being mashed and the screen smashed that would be great. My friend (who's quite good on this stuff) suggested having the hard drive taken out and put in a new phone, is this possible?
    No, not possible. Blackberry smartphones use flash memory, soldiered on the board. They do not have hard disk drives. You would have to get the usb port replaced on it, at the shop, so they can manage to transfer everything on the device to a new blackberry. That is the only way around it.

Also, frequent quick backups (or custom) would be the best thing, once a week is mandatory if you don't want to lose everything. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-20-13 04:19 PM