Hi,

I am on occasion experiencing the following problems with my new Blackberry bold:-

1) When Charging at night and in Bedside mode, my Blackberry lights continue to come on for 5 or so seconds then go off and it keeps repeating like this. Is this usual? It doesnt seem to happen when im not charging it and in Bedside Mode.
    I currently have the Option set for it to go into Bedside mode when it is charging.

2) Sometimes when I answer a call, it seems to hang for a few seconds and in that time if the person on the other end talks it comes through the loudspeaker.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems. Anyway to fix them ?

Thanks

Tobster
    01-14-09 08:22 PM
    That first one I get too. The screen lights up, as well as the keys, then goes off after a little bit. It's irritating but not life-threatening. I just turn the other way, haha.
    01-14-09 08:49 PM
    OK, I've seen this mentioned a few times in some of the post's, what is bedside mode and how do you get it?
    01-14-09 08:58 PM
    When you plug in the Bold and the clock comes up, hit "B" and it goes into bedside mode. The radio turns off, the backlight dims, and the flashing light stops all of its flashing. To the point of the original question, I have a Bold and use bedside eery night. I've never seen the described problem; but I am also a heavy sleeper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 09:01 PM
    What OS are you on? (Options - about - 3rd line)

01-14-09 09:31 PM
    162 at the present time.

I am located in South Korea. Blackberry's have only been released in Korea for 2 weeks. Yes and this is the first time ever Blackberry has been allowed into South Korea. Some well known Korean Phone manufacturers have managed to keep them out of Korea for the last 2 years but recently the government has over ruled them.

I will upgrade soon but I want to wait for a while as the Service Provider is overloaded at the minute with Blackberry requests and issues.

Will updating the OS fix the above 2 issues?

I am currently on BES, If I Install the new OS, do I have to set up my BB completely again ? (I need to contact our companies IT department to reset my account and issue me with a new Password to enable me to re-synchronize it with my e-mail and our company network).

Thanks

Tobster
    01-14-09 10:43 PM
    Do you have facebook app installed? My bold did that too, and after I took the facebook app off, my phone stays off while charging.

The facebook app is garbage IMO.
    01-14-09 11:02 PM
    whats the purpose of bedside mode anyway i've seen the option but never used cuz wasnt sure what it was
    01-15-09 09:54 AM
    whats the purpose of bedside mode anyway i've seen the option but never used cuz wasnt sure what it was

You can have it charging by your bedside incase of emergency / alarm clock without being disturbed by flashing lights, phone calls, vibrations, email alerts etc.

I imagine it would be annoying being alerted to all teh emails I get throughout the night.
    01-15-09 09:58 AM
    You can set what is and is not working. You might want e-mail and texting off, but still be able to get a call. You may or may not want certain notifications to operate. It just depends on what you want the phone to do while you are sleeping.
    01-15-09 10:00 AM
    Very helpful info thanks

01-15-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD