I think my Bold has some sort of software problems..

BB browser crawls..

I have had the G3 signal bar area go completely white
    I have had the wifi area gray out when loading a web page but then flash back to fully lit later

Now I keep getting that tiny black square clock 'busy' icon with the dial spinning round in the middle of the screen - flashing up.. in between and during even simple operations - like checking mail and calendar...

Gahhhhhhhhhhhh!

I am removing batteries etc..

HELP!

Off to a bad start with my Bold..

To load a new OS dod I need to use BB desktop? Or can I download it directly to the device? (cause I am on a Mac and SOL for BB Desktop)
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 09-06-08 at 06:35 AM.
    09-06-08 06:29 AM
    Sorry Casp, but you cant download an OS directly to the device.
    09-06-08 06:45 AM
    Check ou the following link for proper upgrade procedure:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 06:53 AM
    Check some of the links in my Signature. You just need to download Desktop Manager and the OS to your PC and install them. Get CrackMme too.It will help you a lot. It runs on your PC and is a pre-install utility.
    09-06-08 06:58 AM

Now I keep getting that tiny black square clock 'busy' icon with the dial spinning round in the middle of the screen - flashing up.. in between and during even simple operations - like checking mail and calendar...

I've had this happen twice, takes a while, but when it happened it has reset the phone. So I'm assuming it some sort of update happening on the phone.
    09-06-08 09:49 AM
    I get that small square black clock as standard now - its not just once in a while..

It seems to have become my devices "I am busy loading stuff for you" signal..

I think something is wrong..

Lets see if more O2 (UK) users start to report in, (I think I got the first O2 (unlocked Carphone Warehouse) one in the country yesterday.. Tech support dont even have one
    09-06-08 10:33 AM
    Yep - this moving dial 'busy' click icon is now appearing as the browser is loading..

So if will flash up as many as 7 different times while trying to load a web page..

Anyone ever see this?

Getting desperate now..
    09-06-08 11:48 AM
    I hate to break it to you, but sounds like a problem with your firmware, perhaps a clean reinstall following the procedures above, failing that, get an exchange on your handset, should be well within the 14 day exchange policy.
    09-06-08 12:06 PM
    Yep - this moving dial 'busy' click icon is now appearing as the browser is loading..

So if will flash up as many as 7 different times while trying to load a web page..

Anyone ever see this?

Getting desperate now..
    I get this error when at crackberry (wap works good).

Running .134 and most sites are ok with JS turned off. There are a couple sites with potential to clock my BB, I just avoid those.

What sites are you trying to browse to? Are you experiencing the same behavior with 3G and WiFi?

09-06-08 12:30 PM
    Do not have experience with the {buggy} Bold, but it seems like you should follow the Upgrade Procedure link in my signature and attempt to reload the OS.

It might help
    09-06-08 12:39 PM
    www.macrumors.com

Please try that and tell me how long it takes to FULLY load.

09-06-08 03:42 PM
    OK here is a question when you do a battery pull and put the battery back in do you get that small clock there for about 2 solid minutes? Cause I do... Many thanks Bold Comrades!!!

I don't want to be a wimp I can pull the battery / shave and wake the beast.. Just need to know if I have a real dud, or should persevere..

I notice Opera Mini acting oddly so I got rid of that (digging the BB column viw anyway)

Thanks again...

Last edited by Casper TFG; 09-06-08 at 04:08 PM.
    09-06-08 03:44 PM
    www.macrumors.com

Please try that and tell me how long it takes to FULLY load.

10 or 15 seconds for both 3G and WiFi.

09-06-08 07:33 PM

09-07-08 03:08 AM
    Takes a lot longer for me. I am going to change this hansed I think I got a dud. I went though two curves before the third one that worked. (1st one software 2nd one track ball problem)
    I even got that black clock symbal navigating to this wap version of the forum and that can't be right.
    I have an Apple wirelss set up I read certain versions of the BB software don't play ball with the "N" version of Airport.that isn't very

09-07-08 03:14 AM
    You do realize the "clock" is just a replacement for the hour glass right?

On top of that, half the issues you are describing are known issues with the Bold...some of which were "slightly" addressed in a newer OS...and even further in RIM internal builds not yet available..

You could exchange the device..or just do some of the previously made suggestions...but all in all...the chances of you exchanging the device and getting another one doing the EXACT same thing are still very high at this point, until RIM delivers them with a later OS installed.
    09-07-08 03:20 AM
    Casper

It really looks like you have a faulty device and should get it swapped.

09-07-08 03:56 AM
    Yeah, thanks. I am on the case to swap it. I was going to try a total user wipe and start from scratch but perhaps that's a waste of time. (Where is that option anyway? (Can anyonw give me directions to find it please?) as I will want to do that before handing this one in...)

09-07-08 04:09 AM
    to wipe ur BB go to options -> security options -> general settings -> press menu key and choose "wipe handheld"

but maybe ur issues is coz u run out of memory? (i dont mean ur minimum 1 gig media card, i mean RAM). Bold useres with OS version .095 had problems coz of this. how much free memory do u have when running ur device?
    if it comes from that a changing of the BB wont help, coz the chance that ur new device has the same version of the OS r very high!?
    09-07-08 04:17 AM
    but maybe ur issues is coz u run out of memory? (i dont mean ur minimum 1 gig media card, i mean RAM). Bold useres with OS version .095 had problems coz of this. how much free memory do u have when running ur device?
    if it comes from that a changing of the BB wont help, coz the chance that ur new device has the same version of the OS r very high!?

Exactly...you could change it a 100 times, if the issue is in the OS it will do you no good at all...their is NOTHING described that is not a known issue, or hasn't in some way..even if minor..been addressed in a later OS...with more OS updates to come.
    09-07-08 04:19 AM
    If you tell me where to get the memory info I will report back with the details.
    I can always delete the demo media....
    Thanks folks!!!

09-07-08 04:38 AM
    options -> memory -> application memory
    09-07-08 04:40 AM
    Found it. (Sorry for being pathetic)
    Free space 35.7 MB
    Device memory
    Total space 859.2MB
    Free space 858.0MB

09-07-08 04:44 AM
    Just after I pressed post reply on the message above the clock flashed up 3 times while it was busy sending the info.

09-07-08 04:47 AM
    35 MB are not bad. when did u reboot ur device the last time? did u swich it on just now, or is it running already a while?

which OS version do u use?
    Options -> about -> post 3rd line below BB logo

(sorry, using german language ... didnt know how the menu is called in english)
    Last edited by cpt_morgan; 09-07-08 at 04:52 AM.
    09-07-08 04:50 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD