Does anyone know where i can get the slingplayer software for my bold? its listed for $30 at the website... anyone know where i can get a better deal on it?
    06-15-09 03:36 PM
    that's it. $30 and oh so worth it.

there is a free trial
    06-15-09 03:56 PM
    Is it pretty decent over edge?
    06-15-09 04:08 PM
    Not sure. I'm in a really good 3G/UMTS area. This is the Bold forum. didn't realize you have an 8900 on t-mo until you said that.

It works great over wifi.
    06-15-09 05:28 PM
    30$ is a lot!!
    06-15-09 05:55 PM
    30$ is a lot!!

If you own a slingbox...and a bold... it is so worth it.

I purchased slingplayer mobile for windows mobile when it first came out. I've used the same license on all my devices... their system allows you to change devices easily.
    06-15-09 06:58 PM
    how would you rate it compared to orb... which is free

the being able to change devices for one license is a nice idea. u cant even do that for many gps apps for blackberry
    06-15-09 07:08 PM
    If you own a slingbox...and a bold... it is so worth it.

I purchased slingplayer mobile for windows mobile when it first came out. I've used the same license on all my devices... their system allows you to change devices easily.
    Just the man I've been looking for! lol
    I have a Bold, I have a SlingBox and I have the SlingPlayer app with 5 days left. My question to you is, how do I acquire/buy the license? Don't see any info on the app or online. Maybe I'm missing something.....
    06-15-09 10:04 PM
    I have a Bold, I have a SlingBox and I have the SlingPlayer app with 5 days left. My question to you is, how do I acquire/buy the license? Don't see any info on the app or online. Maybe I'm missing something.....

Sling Media - Buy Now Direct from Sling Media
    06-15-09 10:38 PM
    I think its overpriced
    06-15-09 10:45 PM
    This is interesting. What is the cost of slingbox? Can I use slingplayer mobile out of the u.s? How will I be able to broadcast games and shows so far away?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 10:49 PM
    Yes you can watch outside of the U.S. They have different versions of the slingbox, I think they vary from like 100-250. You can probably get a used one on ebay cheap.
    06-15-09 10:53 PM
    $30 is the most you will pay. No more, no less. As for the quality, it depends on where you are. Wifi provides the best quality. But you will find it flips between 3G and EDGE. With EDGE you will get a very grainy image where it will be impossible to see. So it will ultimately depend on where you are. I'd have to say it's worth it, especially in places where you don't have access to a TV like at the library, etc...
    06-15-09 10:54 PM
    I think its overpriced

not at all. its worth every penny and the best app in my opinion.
    06-15-09 11:29 PM
    Sling Media - Purchase SlingPlayer Mobile
    06-15-09 11:30 PM
    If only I had the money to set this all up...

It would be oh so sweet!

/jealous

Chris
    06-16-09 12:39 AM
    I agree, it is so worth it... I'm a big sports fan and when i'm at a class or some place where there's no TV, i just fire the thing up and not miss a show... I even control the recording functions when i forget to set the DVR up... Best investment ever
    06-16-09 01:21 AM
    if you own a slingbox register it and get a free mobile key:

Sling Media HK - Register
    06-16-09 07:17 AM
    just been searching for the same thing...
    bought my slingbox today online should have it by the weekend - already installed slingplayer on my bold... waiting to register to get a free key.
    tried a couple of slingbox id's online but there are already viewers on them ... want to test how good it is over wifi and 3g.
    06-16-09 07:18 AM
    In reply to your recent post:
    If you own a slingbox register it and get a free mobile key: This link you provided says Slingmedia. HK.
    Thanks,
    slpayton01
    07-08-09 12:02 AM
    If only I had the money to set this all up...

It would be oh so sweet!

/jealous

Chris
    I'm with you man. lol
    07-08-09 12:19 AM
    especially in places where you don't have access to a TV like at the library, etc...
    ....work, too!

I was in the "beta" that they kept extending and I finally paid the $30 for it, since I used it... well, daily.

On the Bold screen, the ticker at the bottom of CNN or MSNBC is readable and clear after the software optimizes the images over the network.

Think of the price compared to the cost of a new TV, though. I took that also in to consideration when I purchased BerryTunes. (Along with that I pay so much for Satellite, that I only used a couple hours a day at home -- now I can REALLY get my money's worth!)

Two programs I use daily and have found are difficult to break the habit from.

Orb requires a PC connection and Windows to be up and running. I had a few problems with that side of things, so I just really gave up on it.

The other nice thing about the SlingMobile, is if you have DirectTV or Dish, you can easily turn to the Sirius/XM channels and listen in without the monthly fee. On SlingMobile, you can also turn off the "Video" and it won't stream the video, and just give you the audio portion...

Drawback is -- if you leave the software, no matter if in Video&Audio or just Audio mode, you lose the connection to the SlingPlayer... there is no background streaming... so if you're an email/messenger junkie who needs to know what just buzzed in, you may find yourself a little frustrated and conflicted to check the email or not ;-)
    07-08-09 08:54 AM
    wow very cool!! I may have to look into this!!
    07-08-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD