Has anyone come across a non-leather slim battery door cover for the bold? I really don't like the leather look or the thickness of it.
    08-03-09 04:47 PM
    I've seen different battery covers but not a slim one.
    08-03-09 04:50 PM
    I thought the battery cover was slim though.....
    08-03-09 05:39 PM
    do you mean a slimmer one or one that's the same size as the original? If you're looking for a slimmer one then unfortunately none exist. But there are plenty that are the same size as the original. Look in the crackberry store or go to cnn.cn
    08-03-09 06:24 PM
    cnn.cn smooth one. It definitely feels cheaper though, but looks pretty decent.
    08-03-09 06:33 PM
    The leather cover is what makes the bold pimp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 07:41 PM
    ok all of you take off your battery door, feel how skinny it is? thats what i want. maybe i can just duck tape it
    08-03-09 07:47 PM
    I dont know, the bold's battery cover is pretty slim already. The battery door cover is molded so that it'll fit around the back where the battery is.

I'm sure u can find something slimmer but I like the leather door since it's practically scratch resistant.
    08-03-09 08:26 PM
    Shael is totally right. I've been thinking about it ever since I got the Bold.
    Test it yourself. Remove the battery cover and (carefully) use the phone without it.
    Type, hold, pocket, move around... You'll see how slimmer the Bold feels without any battery cover.
    It is too tempting to find a cover-less solution/workaround.

I know it does look like the cover doesn't add much bulk, but try without it and let us know what you think.

If tape wasn't so ugly I would have considered it...

08-03-09 10:47 PM
    Shael is totally right. I've been thinking about it ever since I got the Bold.
    Test it yourself. Remove the battery cover and (carefully) use the phone without it.
    Type, hold, pocket, move around... You'll see how slimmer the Bold feels without any battery cover.
    It is too tempting to find a cover-less solution/workaround.

I know it does look like the cover doesn't add much bulk, but try without it and let us know what you think.

If tape wasn't so ugly I would have considered it...

I agree. Without the battery door on, the Bold is bliss. The Case-Mate carbon fiber door is a little slimmer but not by much.
    08-03-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD