I've begun ripping movies into my bold... started with the Incredibles to see how sick the HD screen could be. Definitely not disappointed!

However I tried to put Saving Private Ryan on it which came out to be 1.26GB (I have the 16GB card). It worked the first time I viewed it then when I tried to open it up again it keeps crashing my OS and causing it to reboot.

So I ripped it again (the process takes 2.5 hours for this movie). BAM same result crash and reboot.

Is there a size limit on movies for the Bold OS?

Incredibles were about 500MB as well as Full Metal Jacket. I guess I'm gonna have to split the movie. Hope that is the answer.

PS

This phone still rocks! Kung Fu Panda is on this Bee-atch next.
    11-09-08 12:20 PM
    what format do you rip them to?
    11-09-08 12:22 PM
    H264 format which puts it in a MP4 using Cucusoft software.
    11-09-08 12:54 PM
    I tried Heros on my Bold, the film and sound stuck every 3 or 4 seconds and the film didn't synchronize with sound.

The movie I tried is in .avi format and about 700M in size.
    11-09-08 01:03 PM
    3gp for the Curve seemed to be the best at compressing the movie to a lower size without compromising quality too much. MP4 "seems" the best to me with making the files smaller with good quality.
    11-09-08 01:35 PM
    But from where i downloaded Saving Private Perez movie and watched that was amazing i really enjoyed the movie lot and love to watch again
    09-02-11 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD