I'm getting a "SIM not provisioned: 2" on my new 9700...I've tried two different sim cards with the same result. I was wondering if anyone knows what this means. Thanks.
    06-23-10 11:10 PM
    I've also had this problem before on a couple different blackberries... are you running an unlocked 9700 on your carrier?
    06-23-10 11:50 PM
    no, the blackberry was right out of the att box....
    06-24-10 01:01 AM
    I have had this problem - It means that the SIM Card might be dead, ring your carrier for a new one.
    06-24-10 05:02 AM
    no what that means is that the SIM card that you are trying to use is not linked to your account due to nonpayment or they haven't activated it to your account. Call AT&T and they'll activate it for you.
    06-24-10 12:25 PM
    No ReyRey, it does not mean pay issues, but it generally means that your SIM is not activated/linked to your phone, so you must go into your local carrier store to get it replaced. Simple as that.
    06-24-10 12:28 PM
    This also happens if the SIM Card reader DIES in the BB.

That's how my 9000 went to it's grave. During the first 8 months, I got this error, and the dreaded SOS signal and took it in and had the SIM replaced 2 or 3 times (I can't remember now).

But, then, it started happening over and over. I went through 4 SIM cards in 2 months. Then, Memorial Day weekend, I was in Florida visiting my GF and on my way to meet her for lunch. It had done this twice on the drive down a few days earlier and I would just "Re-Seat" the SIM and everything was fine. This time, the SIM didn't take, so there was an AT&T store on the way to meet her. I figured "5 Minutes and I'm on my way."

We put in a new SIM, didn't like it. Re-seated it, no go. Tried the SIM out of the AT&T Clerks BB, no go, but my new SIM worked in hers.

We tried 3 or 4 SIMs only to realize the SIM reader was DOA. We tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol (You might try that), but, honestly, I say take it in.
    06-24-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD