Can I remove the SIM card for a BB and insert a different seem card so that I can have access to the BB? I suspect a cheater and her BB is password protected and I want to install a program to track GPS and text messages, but need access to the phone and its browser to do it.

Needing some help bad
    07-03-11 09:50 AM
    Can I remove the SIM card for a BB and insert a different seem card so that I can have access to the BB? I suspect a cheater and her BB is password protected and I want to install a program to track GPS and text messages, but need access to the phone and its browser to do it.

Needing some help bad
    Nope, password protection is device-specific, unless you're talking about the SIM card PIN (4-digit code that device asks you to enter when using a PIN-locked SIM card), in which case you'd STILL need her PIN
    07-03-11 09:53 AM
    Sounds like you are trying to do something that might not be legal.
    jaydee5799 and jake_870 like this.
    07-03-11 10:10 AM
    Just want to see if my suspicions are correct. I know the # that shows up on the bill belongs to a male and i want to see whats being said in the text messages. I wanted to know if i took out her SIM card if I could read it with a SIM reader. It's just the password protected when you turn on the phone. I'm sure she doesn't have her SIM card locked too.
    07-03-11 12:15 PM
    Just want to see if my suspicions are correct. I know the # that shows up on the bill belongs to a male and i want to see whats being said in the text messages. I wanted to know if i took out her SIM card if I could read it with a SIM reader. It's just the password protected when you turn on the phone. I'm sure she doesn't have her SIM card locked too.
    If her text messages are stored on the SIM itself then you could read it, if not then you'd have to access her phone.
    07-03-11 12:26 PM
    You could try guessing a few sim passwords in a different phone. For example, if it's four characters, you could try her birth year. Does anyone know if too many SIM card password attempts requires a reset from the carrier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 02:27 PM
    Oh how nice you want advice on how to spy on someone. lol.

Only phone numbers MIGHT be stored on the sim itself. I doubt u'd like the idea of someone reading all ur messages and tracking ur every move. But then again they could always pull the battery and put their sim in another phone.
    07-03-11 03:01 PM
    Righteous!

07-03-11 03:29 PM
    This is a forum for the Bold 9650, a CDMA phone. CDMA does not require the use of a SIM, so the messages on the phone won't be stored there.

Listen to your gut. If you think that you have a problem with trust, you probably do. You don't need to illegally hack into somebody else's phone.
    07-04-11 12:05 PM
    Underway, the 9650 is a QUAD-BAND phone. It has CDMA and GSM bands.
    07-04-11 12:38 PM
    Underway, the 9650 is a QUAD-BAND phone. It has CDMA and GSM bands.
    Yes, it does. As I understand it, it is possible to use the phone on a GSM system in the US, but that full service is not normally possible. From what I read on this site, it appears that most folks that have done it have the most success with TMO.
    07-04-11 12:47 PM
    Of course full service is possible. You just won't get 3G.

Lots of people use it just fine on TMobile and AT&T in the US. And lots of other GSM carriers outside the US.
    07-04-11 01:32 PM
    Yes, it does. As I understand it, it is possible to use the phone on a GSM system in the US, but that full service is not normally possible. From what I read on this site, it appears that most folks that have done it have the most success with TMO.
    Of course full service is possible. You just won't get 3G.

Lots of people use it just fine on TMobile and AT&T in the US. And lots of other GSM carriers outside the US.
    Exactly.

I've used my Bold 9650 in Panama, Germany, Italy, and Austria without any problems whatsoever.

I even got 3G in Europe and the ability to talk and surf at the same time lol
    07-04-11 01:43 PM
    I wasn't clear when I said full service. I was thinking of 3G. I know that the phone works just as designed on GSM in other parts of the world. I've done it myself in Italy, Britain, and Japan.

07-04-11 02:10 PM
    I wasn't clear when I said full service. I was thinking of 3G. I know that the phone works just as designed on GSM in other parts of the world. I've done it myself in Italy, Britain, and Japan.

yeah, it's a fully-functional GSM Blackberry in its own right, but it only supports UMTS in Europe/Asia (2100Mhz), which sucks because in Central America I can only get EDGE (since they use the North American 850Mhz 3G band)
    07-04-11 02:13 PM
    You don't need to do it, because you will become a cheater yourself by doing such things.
    07-04-11 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD