I have an unlocked at&t blackberry bold 9000. I am certain that it is unlocked (Network disabled in the MEPD menu), however, when I place my tmobile sim card into the phone, the signal says "SOS" and the header reads "Insert SIM card". I put an at&t sim card in the phone and it works. Is there some way to resolve this issue? Thanks!
    06-17-10 03:01 PM
    you may need a new sim from tmobile
    06-17-10 03:06 PM
    Your T-Mobile SIM card could just be bad. Try putting it into a different phone and see if it will read it. If not just call or go into a T-Mobile store and have them replace the SIM for you.
    06-17-10 03:14 PM
    even if you do put it in another phone and it works it may not work in the bb.. my understanding is they have changed the sims and made newer compatible ones... correct me if i'm wrong..
    06-17-10 03:17 PM
    This has also just happened to me today. I have been using my unlocked 9000 for about a month now on Fido.

When it first happened it initially said: SIM Card not approved at the top of my screen. After taking out the sim card and putting it back in, it now says Insert Sim Card.
    06-17-10 03:55 PM
    Has anyone tried a software upgrade to see if it works

Upgrade to 5.0
    06-23-10 11:21 AM
    happened to me on my 8900 the other day (i have an at&t sim in my locked at&t 8900) and it actually said that i had a sim not approved for my phone!! i went to the store n they replaced my sim. try it
    06-23-10 12:28 PM
    Not sure if this is the proper place...but the sim card question caught my attention.

i just purchase a Bold 9000 from ebay (to use in case I lose/break my current phone as I have no land line). It did not come with a sim card. Can I just purchase a sim card and insert in this phone? If I can purchase a sim card, would it be from AT&T or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for any information!
    06-23-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD