I scratched the bezel on my Bold 9000. Dont want to open it up and replace it for fear of fit and finish issues and warranty being voided. Seems like the bezel is made of black plastic? I had a hairline scratch on the top that was OK but now sems like paint is chipping off the edges of the scratch exposing black plastic. Looking ugly. Is there some paint, maybe Testor's model paint, which would fix this? I think putting some on with say a toothpick would do the job for me. Any suggestions? Anyone tried someting like this? Thanks!
    08-09-09 06:14 AM
    just make sure whatever paint you use is designed for plastic parts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 06:25 AM
    AAhhh great question, I'm in the same boat and didn't think of using touch up paint.
    I've just been dealing with it...
    08-09-09 06:37 AM
    Testors � Paints � Metalizer Enamel Paint

I think i scratched mine with coins. Darn it. Well take a look at the Testors site. I went to the metalized enamel page. Mine is a hariline scratch with the metal looking paint slowly coming off. Can put my fingernail in the harline and feel a small groove. Fill it up with some paint?
    08-09-09 06:41 AM
    Testors � Paints � Metalizer Enamel Paint

I think i scratched mine with coins. Darn it. Well take a look at the Testors site. I went to the metalized enamel page. Mine is a hariline scratch with the metal looking paint slowly coming off. Can put my fingernail in the harline and feel a small groove. Fill it up with some paint?
    Yup, fill er up! You could use one the thinnest brushes Testors has in your local hobby store. Might do a better job than a toothpick.

08-09-09 06:46 AM
    have you tried this?
    08-09-09 06:48 AM
    I scratched the bezel on my Bold 9000. Dont want to open it up and replace it for fear of fit and finish issues and warranty being voided. Seems like the bezel is made of black plastic? I had a hairline scratch on the top that was OK but now sems like paint is chipping off the edges of the scratch exposing black plastic. Looking ugly. Is there some paint, maybe Testor's model paint, which would fix this? I think putting some on with say a toothpick would do the job for me. Any suggestions? Anyone tried someting like this? Thanks!
    I would just try enough to cover the exposed black plastic when I did this and maybe have a little "scotch brite cloth " to buff over it to see if you could blend it after the paint dried real good.I would not glob a bunch of paint on though, it might not blend as good.
    You should be able to find "scotch brite cloth" at most hardware stores and maybe auto stores as well(example : autozone).Scotch brite is just alot finer the sandpaper and all but since its plastic I still would get the finest grade(grade of 1 or something) in texture with the scotch brite if you did
    08-09-09 06:52 AM
    I haven't on the bezel cause I changed mine out for a black one but I've got lots of experience painting Blackberry's.

08-09-09 06:52 AM
    Then for those of you kind people who have painted or are familiar, would you mind taking a look at the Testor's link I posted previously and telling me which color you think is most appropriate. Seriously mine is a hairline scratch. Two days ago I thought it was a dent. But seems like the coating of paint RIMM puts on it is thick at least to get to teh black plastic level. Well the paint at the point of the scratch is wearing so now the black is exposed. Looks like its cracked but I know its not. A teeenie bit of paint to cover the black will do the job. Do they sell silver Magic Markers? Getting desperate. How about nail polish?
    08-09-09 10:28 AM
    I'd say either the Aluminum or Stainless Steel colors would match. Don't know for sure though cause I've never painted BB's back to their normal colors, just custom colors. But yeah, either one of those two should be good!

08-09-09 10:33 AM
    08-09-09 10:34 AM
    Ok. Good to know. Thanks

08-11-09 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD