So I did the fancy OS upgrade to the latest so I could toggle the 2g and 3g since I'm with AT&T and I've had it that way all morning. I still see the little arrows going crazy and the signal changing between EDGE and edge and GMRS and I'm wondering how often everyone else sees those little arrows working mighty hard up in the top right corner? Cause this little toggle feature is doing me no good as I'm still dropping calls and still eating through my battery because it's always searching for a signal so I'm curious if this happens to everyone else or if it's just time for me to face the fact I'm in a bad bad AT&T coverage area? This is all in my house where I have the worst time with 3G so I was anxious to do the upgrade so I didn't have to worry about 3G but apparantly I can't even get a weaker signal that well.
    06-24-09 01:22 PM
    It sounds like your device is constantly searching for signal. (And not finding any strong signal to stick with). Your local ATT store can use their mapping tools to show you approximate coverage.
    06-24-09 01:23 PM
    It sounds like your device is constantly searching for signal. (And not finding any strong signal to stick with). Your local ATT store can use their mapping tools to show you approximate coverage.
    Yeah, this sounds good. I might try going to them with the problem if I were you.
    I'm personally still on .216 so I don't have that nifty feature of switching available to me just yet - however, I can tell you that when using the e-screen hack/trick of disabling the 3G, mine went to EDGE and stayed EDGE for a very long time in my house (I'm in GA). The problem of it still constantly using the arrows and switching between the lower signals over and over, I didn't have. Again, this was with the e-screen hack though, not the new feature of the newer OS.
    06-24-09 02:22 PM
    You might try putting your address in this map. AT&T Coverage Viewer
    06-24-09 02:24 PM
    go to manage connections>turn all connections off. Do a batt pull and if the reception is off, turn it back on. See if this helps.
    06-24-09 02:43 PM
    Ok I checked the map and did the network off and pull thing and it's still searching and searching for a signal constantly. Now it's not changing from EDGE to edge or grsm (or whatever that code is), but the arrows are still going non stop and it goes up a bar then down a bar up a bar then down a bar. I just can't hold a signal!
    06-24-09 03:02 PM
    EDGE all the way....

good on battery too.
    It's showing no difference on my battery life to be on EDGE all day today so in my case it's not working as it is for you. Thanks for the post though.
    06-24-09 03:06 PM
    I'm starting to lose track. Have you tried 247?
    06-24-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD