First off, I'd just like to thank you guys for helping solve previous problems I've had when I've been able to read solutions on this forum, decided I had to register for this one though.

About 2 weeks ago the Track pad on my beloved Bold 9780 broke, so as always I came here to see what solutions were available. I updated OS etc but eventually bought and fitted a new one.

Since I updated the OS though, Ive had problems with signal in places where I previously had good signal - mostly getting SOS instead of any kind of signal now, particularly at work. I have checked my SIM in other phones and it works fine in those.

I live in the UK and Im on the Vodafone network. Im on the '6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    02-19-12 05:21 PM
    When you put in the trackpad, you could have knocked the antenna loose thus needing to secure the connection. It can also be your sim card
    02-19-12 05:37 PM
    Checked the sim in another phone and it worked fine everywhere, picked up signal fine. Where is the antenna located on the phone?
    02-19-12 05:48 PM
    yeah, ImBobbyLove I have been encountering the same issue.
    I Live in the US and i upgraded my Bold 9780 from the official OS from T-mobile USA 6.0.0.448 Bundle 1879 because (for the strangest reason) every time I got anything that made a sound (emails text message, ect.) while i was playing a song, it would pause the song until i went back to the "now playing" at which point it would start it right back up again. This happened right after updating blackberry traffic to the new version that included the voice commands. Very annoying, especially while i was driving. So i looked for leaked OS's, and found the latest 6.0.0.723. I updated my phone to that OS and shortly after the update I was dropping calls all the time in my home town (where the signal is bad, but stable, usually 2-3 bars of EDGE network). At my house the signal is really bad inside, 1-2 bars EDGE, so I use the UMA feature of my phone (the whole reason i got this one in the first place) but with this new firmware, the moment that i would leave the range of that network it would crash the phone's radios and i could only get back on to the network by doing a battery pull. So I downgraded to the 6.0.0.666 Bundle 2921 (what i am currently running) and though i was excited about the media player issue being resolved ... when I am in my home town it still drops calls like crazy, and now it drops them during UMA as well .... And when I was in an area that since I have owned my phone would get me full signal at 3G ... it is now full signal EDGE .... not sure what is going on here ....

So to summarize; It may be the version of firmware that you updated to ... I am going to try the .668 now and see if it resolves these drop calls and the media player issue.

Also i would like to add, that i have never taken my phone apart.
    02-23-12 10:06 AM
    When you put in the trackpad, you could have knocked the antenna loose thus needing to secure the connection. It can also be your sim card
    That wouldn't explain why he gets signal some of the time, and why he doesn't get it in specific locations (like his work.)

OP, try rolling back to 6.0.0.480. It's probably the best build for 9780s out there.
    BB944 likes this.
    02-23-12 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD