I have noticed the my bold dies fast at work. I usually only have one bar. If I had 5 bars would my battery last longer? Is the phone alkways searching for 5 bars? How does that work? If u have 5 bars does it stop looking for a signal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 02:57 PM
    Ya I realized my bold also dies very fast. And I have the seidio slim extended battery . I think the phone is always looking for the best signal but really depends on where u are. If your in a office with bad service or train it'll prob use a ton of juice trying to get a signal.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-01-10 03:04 PM
    Yes... if you have poor coverage it will eat your battery faster than any app can.
    07-01-10 03:07 PM
    Ok. So generally the more coverage the better battery life. Is there a way to tell the phone to stop looking but still stay connected to the network?

07-01-10 03:11 PM
    Yes, generally the better coverage the better battery life.

What you're asking I do not believe is possible.
    07-01-10 03:12 PM
    Explore an app known as Radio Saver.
    07-01-10 03:12 PM
    ^ that turns off the network though to save battery.

You can try and update your prl, but if you're in an area that has weak reception your best bet is to use wifi.

07-01-10 03:23 PM
    We have security @ my work and personal devicies are not allowed access. Can I try airplane mode? Would that work?

07-01-10 03:30 PM
    ^ that turns off the network though to save battery.

You can try and update your prl, but if you're in an area that has weak reception your best bet is to use wifi.

Both statements above are correct...Radio Saver turns off the network to save battery and wi-fi is your best option in a weak service area.

One clarification on Radio Saver though...it has a few settings where you can indicate what level signal to turn off the network, how long to leave it off before checking for the signal level again, and at what intervals to check the signal level once the network has been turned back on. Just didn't want you to think that once it turns the network off, it stays off. Overall, if you use the proper settings, Radio Saver can extend your battery life between charges if you're frequently in a low-signal area. I know...I used to have it on my Tour.
    07-01-10 03:39 PM
    I foud removing sim card and leaving it out on verizon bold you keep a pretty good signal

07-01-10 03:48 PM
    I will try removing the card. Is the radio aPp free?

07-01-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD