Why would they be kidding? Is it so hard to understand that some people can do it and some can't? Auto correct works wonders

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok Ok, you can have the reason but, i had an iphone 3g for 3 months and currently an iPod Touch, and i can say that i can type fast in it, more fast than my older touch screens phones with WinMo, but more accurate or comfortable than a physical keyboard (Curve)?

Is Hard to believe...

He.. forgiveness for my bad english.
    Last edited by Morutimeru; 07-01-09 at 11:58 AM.
    07-01-09 11:48 AM
    Prolly a dumb question & answered a million times but Im too lazy to look..lol Do iPhones use sim cards..?
    07-01-09 12:06 PM
    Yes, iPhones are GSM devices. They use sim cards.

I do love both devices. But the Blackberry wins at the end of the day for effectiveness.
    07-01-09 12:14 PM
    Multitasking? lolwut. kidding, right?

I have the Bold and a jailbroke 3G and you wont catch me without them both on me all the time. my Bold is my world and my work horse, i love bbm! my iphone is my media go to device, torrenting on 3G, VoiP on 3G, real multi-tasking, the *free app store (dont ask me how), there is just so much the iPhone can do that no other can right now, not even Android devices.
    07-01-09 12:15 PM
    You're right about the Bold's keyboard. It's designed so you can type largely based on feel. Hence the divets built into it just as in the 8800

same here
    i have both devices and while i am really good on the iphone, i can type pretty quick if looking at it, i am blazing on the blackberry, and can sometimes punch out a whole sentence without looking at the keyboard as fast as someone on the iphone looking at their keyboard. There is just something about the bold's keyboard that lets me rip on it, i think its the whole muscle memory/slide your finger around without lifting technique, idk.
    07-01-09 12:16 PM
    Why is it so hard to believe? Because you can't do it? I type much faster on my iPhone than I do my Bold. Why the would someone make that up?

I have a Blackberry Storm, and can type MUCH faster on the touchscreen than on a Curve or Treo.
    Sure, there was a long 1 month learning curve, using constantly all day for 30 days tapping out long emails before I got used to it.
    But now, I can type extremely fast on it.

Especially possible if you're only using 1 device, you get used to typing on it. Using 2 device, you just keep going back to the Bold or whatever and never really give the touchscreen a shot.
    07-01-09 12:17 PM
    I have the Bold and a jailbroke 3G and you wont catch me without them both on me all the time. my Bold is my world and my work horse, i love bbm! my iphone is my media go to device, torrenting on 3G, VoiP on 3G, real multi-tasking, the *free app store (dont ask me how), there is just so much the iPhone can do that no other can right now, not even Android devices.
    Ard you using an app for your multitasking??? I tried some apps but did not like them

07-01-09 12:19 PM
    Multitasking? lolwut. kidding, right?
    No. It's called Backgrounder. This is the problem with BB vs iPhone discussions, majority of the people don't fully acknowledge iPhones capabilities after jailbreaking.
    07-01-09 12:26 PM
    Not offense, but.... Are you kidding? right?
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    07-01-09 12:44 PM
    No. It's called Backgrounder. This is the problem with BB vs iPhone discussions, majority of the people don't fully acknowledge iPhones capabilities after jailbreaking.
    I had the 3g for 9 months Jailbroken 6 out of those 9. I dont think I tried that application but the ones i did try where bad. you had to be in the app to run other apps and not all apps showed up. Maybe your's is better
    07-01-09 12:53 PM
    I have a Blackberry Storm, and can type MUCH faster on the touchscreen than on a Curve or Treo.
    Sure, there was a long 1 month learning curve, using constantly all day for 30 days tapping out long emails before I got used to it.
    But now, I can type extremely fast on it.

Especially possible if you're only using 1 device, you get used to typing on it. Using 2 device, you just keep going back to the Bold or whatever and never really give the touchscreen a shot.
    Exactly. I know plenty of Storm users that type faster on their Storm than on any other BBs. All it takes is a little time. People need to realize that for some, a software keyboard is just as good or better than a hardware keyboard.

07-01-09 12:57 PM
    I had the 3g for 9 months Jailbroken 6 out of those 9. I dont think I tried that application but the ones i did try where bad. you had to be in the app to run other apps and not all apps showed up. Maybe your's is better
    Hmm what app are you talking about? I've actually never even heard of that app you're talking about. Anyways Backgrounder's multitasking feature is pretty much the same as BB's. Let's say I'm in Pandora, I would hold the Home button for a couple of seconds, and it'll say that backgrounding is enabled. I let go of the home button, and the screen goes back to my home screen, but Pandora will still be running in the background. If you don't hold the home button down and just click it, the app will close and exit out as it usually does. That's the basics of the program, but it's been going through quite a bit of development and enhancements. The only downside of Backgrounder was that you couldn't run a lot of programs in the background, this was really due to the lack of RAM in iPhones. Hopefully I can get my hands on a 3GS soon and test it out, but I imagine it to be much better.
    07-01-09 12:59 PM
    Hmm what app are you talking about? I've actually never even heard of that app you're talking about. Anyways Backgrounder's multitasking feature is pretty much the same as BB's. Let's say I'm in Pandora, I would hold the Home button for a couple of seconds, and it'll say that backgrounding is enabled. I let go of the home button, and the screen goes back to my home screen, but Pandora will still be running in the background. If you don't hold the home button down and just click it, the app will close and exit out as it usually does. That's the basics of the program, but it's been going through quite a bit of development and enhancements. The only downside of Backgrounder was that you couldn't run a lot of programs in the background, this was really due to the lack of RAM in iPhones. Hopefully I can get my hands on a 3GS soon and test it out, but I imagine it to be much better.
    Sounds cool....How many apps could you run in background? I had the 3gs but sold it. My friend has one too and it is pretty fast compared to the regular 3g. It's a same that they dont enable the Iphone to multitask with out using 3rd party apps. It's a great phone but i Liked the bold more for my needs.
    07-01-09 01:05 PM
    so while a pandora is running in the background, can you listen to the music, text, and IM?
    07-01-09 01:11 PM
    Sounds cool....How many apps could you run in background? I had the 3gs but sold it. My friend has one too and it is pretty fast compared to the regular 3g. It's a same that they dont enable the Iphone to multitask with out using 3rd party apps. It's a great phone but i Liked the bold more for my needs.
    It is due to battery life at the moment. Get backgounder and run a few apps and you will see why it isn't enabled. I used it on my 3G and loved it only because if it died, I would just put my sim card in my Bold.

07-01-09 01:14 PM
    If I'm not mistaken it's because you cannot be on Pandora listening to music and then go and write an email without pandora closing (just one example). Unless that's been updated in 3.0.
    I listen to Ipod, take a call, look up an adresss, type an email all at the same time with each app not losing it's place.. the iPhone multitasks.. not for every app but for the essentials it DOES multitask and quite well may I add.
    07-01-09 01:15 PM
    so while a pandora is running in the background, can you listen to the music, text, and IM?
    Yea. It allows for full multitasking with third party apps.

07-01-09 01:15 PM
    It is due to battery life at the moment. Get backgounder and run a few apps and you will see why it isn't enabled. I used it on my 3G and loved it only because if it died, I would just put my sim card in my Bold.

Yeah battery life did kind of suck with apps running in the backgrounder. Did you notice your battery life draining with backgrounder installed but no 3rd party apps running in the backgrounder? Some people claim just by having Backgrounder installed, it affected their battery life but that was never the case for me. I'm glad they finally implemented PUSH though. I think it's a very viable solution. There were very few instances where I needed an application to stay in the background so I didn't have to restart my work. Most of the time I wanted the app to run in the background to notify me of something new that came up, like IMs. But now with PUSH, I rarely need an app running in the backgrounder. To me, having PUSH and backgrounder is the perfect combination.
    07-01-09 01:20 PM
    I love my Bold so much I can't bear to have another device like a 3Gs to replace or even use it side by side. To me that would cheating on my Bold and a cheater I am not.
    07-01-09 01:23 PM
    Yeah battery life did kind of suck with apps running in the backgrounder. Did you notice your battery life draining with backgrounder installed but no 3rd party apps running in the backgrounder? Some people claim just by having Backgrounder installed, it affected their battery life but that was never the case for me. I'm glad they finally implemented PUSH though. I think it's a very viable solution. There were very few instances where I needed an application to stay in the background so I didn't have to restart my work. Most of the time I wanted the app to run in the background to notify me of something new that came up, like IMs. But now with PUSH, I rarely need an app running in the backgrounder. To me, having PUSH and backgrounder is the perfect combination.
    I didn't notice that, but jailbreaking in general made my battery drain faster.

07-01-09 01:33 PM
    I didn't notice that, but jailbreaking in general made my battery drain faster.

I had the same problem with Jailbreaking.....also maid my phone freeze allot. I liked the Iphone. But i cant go back after using the bold. I think it's BB from now on. At least for sometime
    07-01-09 01:43 PM
    I had the same problem with Jailbreaking.....also maid my phone freeze allot. I liked the Iphone. But i cant go back after using the bold. I think it's BB from now on. At least for sometime
    See that's what I thought but with the release of 3.0 and the hardware upgrades, I am actually very happy with the iPhone now. I can barely put it down.

07-01-09 01:48 PM
    I know some of you like your iphones, and no offense, but people who use an iphone look like cavemen/apes ... Always staring at the screen holding it in one hand and tapping (poking) it with their index finger.

For most of the apps you have to use both hands, one hand to hold it and the other hand to operate it.

The phone is so overrated...

07-01-09 05:06 PM
    ^^ I agree. iPhone as I always say is primarily a toy. Blackberrys are great but not without fault. Their OS needs a major revamp, and I'm not talking about 5.0 either. They need to do more than that. Yes it works, and works well for now, but Apple's first attempt at a phone (2G/3G/3GS) is scary good. RIM, watch your heels, they're being nipped at.
    07-01-09 05:12 PM
    See that's what I thought but with the release of 3.0 and the hardware upgrades, I am actually very happy with the iPhone now. I can barely put it down.

The 3.0 is already jailbroken?? Lol that was fast. Don't get me wrong I loved the iphone but its just not what I am looking for in a phone.
    I'm not big on games or browsing even pics in music on my phones. I need emails, calander, pin ect....
    That's why I love the bold so much. I does the things that I need beter then the iphone. The things that the iphone does beter are not what I want

07-01-09 05:14 PM
126 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD