Yup jailbroke mine via redsn0w. Works extremely well. 3GS on the other hand isn't publicly jailbroke yet. They're waiting for Apple to bring 3.1 to see whether or not they'll patch the exploit.
    07-01-09 05:15 PM
    Oh I'm not a cheater either. Both the iPhone and Bold know I swap all the time

I love my Bold so much I can't bear to have another device like a 3Gs to replace or even use it side by side. To me that would cheating on my Bold and a cheater I am not.
    07-01-09 05:18 PM
    I switched from the iPhone to the Bold and have been extremely happy. I love this thing.
    07-01-09 06:43 PM
    The iphone doesn't interest me really....its not for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 08:53 PM
    i have a bold and an iPhone 3G. i can't give up either. i have too much fun on the iPhone and i am very productive on my berry. I love both and i"ll continue to use both :-)
    Same here
    The iPhone for all the fun stuff (games, music, pictures, safari)
    The Bold for serious stuff (calendar, mail, qwerty keyboard, indicator light)

everyone should have both!
    07-02-09 08:54 AM
    Exactly. I know plenty of Storm users that type faster on their Storm than on any other BBs. All it takes is a little time. People need to realize that for some, a software keyboard is just as good or better than a hardware keyboard.

if its true, why so many people compalining about typing in Blackberry storm though?

i never heard people complain about typin on Bold

no offense though
    07-02-09 09:29 AM
    Same here
    The iPhone for all the fun stuff (games, music, pictures, safari)
    The Bold for serious stuff (calendar, mail, qwerty keyboard, indicator light)

everyone should have both!
    we should wait until the 4'th generation iphone, since they are goin to use the new home made processor that doesnt suck in the battery juice too fast.
    07-02-09 09:31 AM
    if its true, why so many people compalining about typing in Blackberry storm though?

i never heard people complain about typin on Bold

no offense though
    I can't type fast on the Storm keyboard and I know a lot of people can't type fast on the Storm keyboard. But that doesn't mean people can't. Of coarse no one complains about the Bolds keyboard. It's the best physical keyboard in the business.

07-02-09 10:21 AM
    the storm should not be considered a blackberry. all the iphone fanboys are judging blackberry based on the storm since the storm is the closest thing to their iphone. the storm is a joke, sorry. ive read actual tests proving that the storm is literally 10x slower at processing data than the bold
    07-02-09 11:21 AM
    the storm should not be considered a blackberry. all the iphone fanboys are judging blackberry based on the storm since the storm is the closest thing to their iphone. the storm is a joke, sorry. ive read actual tests proving that the storm is literally 10x slower at processing data than the bold
    Lol I don't think it shouldn't be considered a BB, that's a little exteme. The reason why iPhone fanboys talk about it all the time because it's a touch screen.

07-02-09 12:19 PM
    I never understood the comparison between the two. If you're still in high school, then the iPhone is everything you need. However, if you require a more business/communication oriented phone WITH the capabilities of feeding your media needs, then there is NO replacement for a BB. I'm new to CB, but not to RIM, and with the Bold, I have yet to find another phone that even remotely compares.
    07-02-09 12:29 PM
    I never understood the comparison between the two. If you're still in high school, then the iPhone is everything you need.
    Here we go again. High school? Come on. The iPhone handle business needs perfectly fine, maybe not as good as your godly BB, but there are plenty of people who use it for business. The Bold can suit a high schoolers needs too.

07-02-09 12:51 PM
    i had the iphone 3G, but i much prefer my bold<3
    07-02-09 01:11 PM
    Here we go again. High school? Come on. The iPhone handle business needs perfectly fine, maybe not as good as your godly BB, but there are plenty of people who use it for business. The Bold can suit a high schoolers needs too.

Calm down. That was not an attack. Merely a statement of comparison. If you are going to compare the phones, you have to compare the needs of the people who buy each individual phone. People buy a BB because of the their "business" needs, while others buy an iPhone for their "multimedia" needs. Two different phones, made for two different classifications of people. That is all I was saying.
    07-02-09 02:22 PM
    So extreme, in fact, that RIM is already finished with the second iteration of the Storm.

FAIL

Lol I don't think it shouldn't be considered a BB, that's a little exteme. The reason why iPhone fanboys talk about it all the time because it's a touch screen.

07-02-09 02:24 PM
    I have a Bold, 8900 Curve and the 1st gen iPhone. I run the iPhone on T-Mobile.
    07-02-09 03:16 PM
    The iphone is like a hot chick you meet at the club. She's exciting, body is nice, and she's all done up. But the morning after, you just want her out of your apartment.
    A BlackBerry is the woman you marry. The one with the law degree who earns $100k a year, can cook, and raise your children.
    Depends on what your flavor is.
    07-02-09 05:00 PM
    The iphone is like a hot chick you meet at the club. She's exciting, body is nice, and she's all done up. But the morning after, you just want her out of your apartment.
    A BlackBerry is the woman you marry. The one with the law degree who earns $100k a year, can cook, and raise your children.
    Very well put!
    07-02-09 05:09 PM
    So extreme, in fact, that RIM is already finished with the second iteration of the Storm.

FAIL
    That doesn't mean it shouldn't be a BlackBerry. Is it that hard to believe that RIM was the one that FAILED?
    07-02-09 08:36 PM
    Calm down. That was not an attack. Merely a statement of comparison. If you are going to compare the phones, you have to compare the needs of the people who buy each individual phone. People buy a BB because of the their "business" needs, while others buy an iPhone for their "multimedia" needs. Two different phones, made for two different classifications of people. That is all I was saying.
    I didn't take it as an attack. I'm calm. But people don't just buy the iPhone for multimedia needs. Same way people don't just buy the BB for business needs.
    07-02-09 08:39 PM
    i like your style mate
    07-02-09 09:24 PM
    To all those that think the kids in school only use the I-Phones, you are mistaken. I work in a high school and I see more Blackberries in use than the I-Phone, except when the kids are listening to music. One kid I spoke with, said that he had to have the Bold, so his parents bought him one and now he only use his i-phone for music only. Another student observed me using my Bold, asked what it was, and had one the next day. The only thing that I can say is, some of these kids are smarter than we give them credit for being.
    07-02-09 09:28 PM
    i currently have both the bold and the iphone 3g on 3.0 and ill tell you two totally different devices should not really even be a comparison between them
    07-02-09 09:38 PM
    I didn't take it as an attack. I'm calm. But people don't just buy the iPhone for multimedia needs. Same way people don't just buy the BB for business needs.
    Yeah...but when you read most of the "Sorry, I got an iPhone now" threads, the reasons for switching seem to always revolve around: web browser, "all the free apps" and music.
    07-02-09 09:48 PM
    Sigh... I just traded my iphone for a blackberry :-/ lol
    07-02-09 09:59 PM
126 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD