hi. the volume buttons on my phone are broken. i cant put the volume up or down while listening to music or watching videos, its stuck at like 50%. ive tried a battery pull a bunch of times and it still doesnt work. i think its more of a hardware issue. is there an alternative media player with it's own volume control?
    03-13-13 06:29 PM
    think I answered your other identical post
    please do not duplicate post
    03-13-13 07:30 PM
    The other thread got closed. Fubaz had suggested following the instructions posted here: Amplify the volume using the audio boost feature - User Guide - BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone - 5.0

That won't solve your problem, OP, because it's just a setting to allow/not allow audio boost. Allowing audio boost won't automatically push your volume to/past 100%

What I would suggest is that you either: a) look at fixing/having the hardware fixed, b) look for an app that allows you to re-program some other keys, or c) buy some headphones that give you volume control. There are both bluetooth and non-bluetooth options in this category.
    03-13-13 09:36 PM
    im sorry about the duplicate thread. do you know of any apps that can allow me to reprogram some keys or a media player with it's own volume control?
    03-14-13 07:01 PM
    Hi
    Did you happen to drop the device at all? if the housing has lifted it could cause these metal clips to move
    I`ve done repairs on these the volume controls are a metal click button located on the housing these can be replaced.. also could be dirt build up too..
    Worth to open it up and operate lol!
    03-15-13 11:21 AM