1. stilett0s's Avatar
    I have a crappy SK3 (that my friend was generous enough to GIVE me when my RAZR crapped out and I was flat broke), and I'm anxious to finally get a new phone. I've been wanting a BB Curve for the longest, and now that I'm eligible for an upgrade, don't know what to get. I've been eligible w/T-Mobile since April, but have held off on getting the 8900 due to being a perpetually cash-strapped student, but now that I am able to get it, don't want to buy it if something new is coming out. I'm not one for absolutely having to have the latest this or that, as evidenced by my buying a Macbook Pro a month before the new ones came out last year (I love mine more than the new ones, anyway), so that's not an issue, but I at least want the option. I tried to goad a CSR into telling me something a couple weeks ago, and she just told me about the 80-something TMO just released. That's obviously not it.

    So yeah...does anyone have any idea of when this new BB will be out? Should I wait, or should I just go ahead and get one of the current ones and forget it?
    08-19-09 09:06 AM
  2. defcon3's Avatar
    Onyx will be in Europe end of Sept and in the US sometime ~Nov. I would wait - I love my 8900 but the bigger BOLDer keyboard of the Onyx is simply irresistible. Storm 2 is also coming out around the same time, so... tough one I would say. If you cannot hold, go for BOLD.
    08-19-09 09:11 AM
  3. stilett0s's Avatar
    TMO doesn't have the Bold or the Storm. :/ Lame. The only reason I want it now is because the SK drives me nuts, dumping my numbers and not letting me use the trackball for anything besides scrolling (which freezes up pretty regularly). Sigh.
    08-19-09 09:24 AM
  4. defcon3's Avatar
    You can always buy a refurbished unit or a used one for good price and save some cash, save some contract lock-in, be free to pick device of your choice... Dunno, really depends if you can wait or not - purely subjective evaluation
    08-19-09 09:27 AM
  5. SurrealCivic's Avatar
    Wait.. Or get a 8520 for cheap somewhere, use that until the 9700.
    08-19-09 09:44 AM
  6. KurtisBertolami's Avatar
    Just wait dude.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 09:51 AM
  7. stilett0s's Avatar
    Or, I can use the RAZR again. It's still serviceable, as annoying as it is. The wait is going to kill me.
    08-19-09 09:53 AM
  8. patrickberry's Avatar
    2 months.. wait..

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 10:31 AM
  9. stilett0s's Avatar
    I can wait until November. My birthday is in November anyway, so I just can get it as a present to myself. Haha. I'm lame.
    08-19-09 10:57 AM
  10. CurveCravr's Avatar
    ya i would wait
    08-19-09 12:45 PM