Hey Guys,

I got a pearl about a week ago for my yearly upgrade. I have 30 days to return it for a full refund. The day after I bought it, I started hearing about the Blackberry Bold. So far I'm obsessed with my Pearl, its my first blackberry and I'll never go back to anything else. Last I heard, Bold is expected for Verizon in September. I would have to go about two months with my old crap phone and pay a little extra in September to get the Bold.

I really don't know much about phones or technology in general so my reading through things on the Bold does little good.

If anyone could lay-out the major differences between the two phones that would be amazing. I'm sure there are others with the same question.
    05-22-08 12:45 PM
    I will wait for the BOLD.
    05-22-08 12:53 PM
    And welcome to CB.
    05-22-08 12:54 PM
    Bold. If you can still return it then I would. The curve wont be the latest and greatest for much longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 01:07 PM
    I agree, hold off and get the BOLD. You will regret it otherwise.
    05-22-08 01:49 PM
    I agree, get the BOLD. I also have the pearl for about 3 months now so I cannot return mine. I plan to get the BOLD when released and keep my pearl as a back up.
    05-22-08 02:08 PM
    I am slightly skeptical that the bold will be available on VZW in september. The original date was like May of 2009. typically GSM carriers get the phone 1st and then much later it finally shows up at Verizon. Would love to see it there come Sept but I am 99.9% sure it won't happen.
    05-22-08 02:17 PM
    Same here! I have my pear 8130 since March 2008 and I can not return it. I will get the Bold as soon as Sprint releases it.
    05-22-08 02:41 PM
    I'd really focus on what you're going to be using the BB for. The Bold is the top of the line model for BB and has a ton of feature that you may not ever use. The Pearl is a great phone and I know people who swear by it. Don't get caught up in the hype for the sake of a new phone. Also, realize the size difference between the two. The Bold is about x2 the size of the Pearl.

In regards to the launch date for Verizon, I would place ZERO trust in any date you hear now. But, I would imagine ATT would get it first.
    05-22-08 02:43 PM
    It took a year for verizon to come out with curve. To predict the future analyze the past.

05-22-08 03:02 PM
    Well I was in the same situation I just got the curve from verizon didn't know if to return my curve and wait for the Bold.But decided to keep my curve because I heard verizon might carry it and if they do it will be till september.Or why don't u just get the curve what is it like 50 dollars more.
    05-22-08 03:30 PM
    I'm waiting for the BOLD, my 8830 is serving me well at present.
    05-22-08 03:35 PM
    I'd really focus on what you're going to be using the BB for. The Bold is the top of the line model for BB and has a ton of feature that you may not ever use. The Pearl is a great phone and I know people who swear by it. Don't get caught up in the hype for the sake of a new phone. Also, realize the size difference between the two. The Bold is about x2 the size of the Pearl.

In regards to the launch date for Verizon, I would place ZERO trust in any date you hear now. But, I would imagine ATT would get it first.
    I agree, I just went from the Pearl 8130 to the Curve 8330. It's size is borderline too big for me, and there are somethings about it that the Pearl did a little better (but I adore the Curve - I love it so much!). The size of the Bold would be far, far too big.

If you aren't a power user of all the services, the extra memory is nice but may be overkill. When I removed all the stuff from the Curve I did from the Pearl, and left on some of the apps I removed from my Pearl for size (my Pearl ran at 20000000 free Memory) I have over 50000000 free memory on the Curve. I almost feel guilty for having it lol. I said ALMOST.
    05-22-08 05:07 PM
    my first BB is a pearl too, and I would drop it in a second for the bold.
    05-22-08 06:34 PM
    As kelrudy pointed out, vzw so far has been a year behind AT&T with the cdma release of BBs. Also vzw is coming out with the "iphone killer" thunder. That's the next berry coming out of vzw, especially since the iphone will be out this summer. Personally what I would do if I really wanted a bold, would be to take your pearl back, get a used pearl from here, craig'slist, eBay, or hofo. Then you have a BB. Probably by the time the bold comes out on vzw, you'll be able to cash in your ne2..
    My .02

05-22-08 07:13 PM
    I am slightly skeptical that the bold will be available on VZW in september. The original date was like May of 2009. typically GSM carriers get the phone 1st and then much later it finally shows up at Verizon. Would love to see it there come Sept but I am 99.9% sure it won't happen.
    its false rumor and HOAX!
    05-22-08 07:46 PM
    Wht is d difference between d 2 though nobody is replying 2 tht I just got d pearl 8110 and I love it what's so good abt bold

06-14-08 01:15 AM
    Wht is d difference between d 2 though nobody is replying 2 tht I just got d pearl 8110 and I love it what's so good abt bold

To answer that question here would be a repeat of what's already been posted throughout the forums. There are Pearl VS Curve /Curve VS Bold /Pearl VS Bold and even Bold VS iPhone threads.

There are so many members of this forum, and it is my opinion that the ONLY people who can give you true answer regarding the differences (other than specs which can be found anywhere) is someone that actually has a BOLD NOW!!

Basically, everything that you'll read regarding the differences (BOLD) is all opinion; since none of us have one in our hands- well, Kevin does.

When the question comes up, "should I?," I think the person asking it knows better than we, what they should/sNot do- whether it's based on want, need or money.

Me, I just got my Pearl about 30 days ago. Since this is my 1st Berry, I'd rather use it for 6 months or so, then get something else. I'm not going to ditch it just yet because other people like a particular device more or they think a device, not yet available for purchase it going to be the bomb.

..... Just my $0.50
    06-14-08 02:03 AM

There are so many members of this forum, and it is my opinion that the ONLY people who can give you true answer regarding the differences (other than specs which can be found anywhere) is someone that actually has a BOLD NOW!!

Basically, everything that you'll read regarding the differences (BOLD) is all opinion; since none of us have one in our hands- well, Kevin does.
    If i've held/tried out the bold, but I don't own one, does my opinion matter?

I'll speak my mind anyway.

What is better for you: size/weight, full keyboard, or amazing screen?

If you want the smaller/lightest, the pearl is for you.

If you need smaller and light and a full keyboard: Curve.

If you dont care about size/weight, and would like a full keyboard: Bold.

I preferred the lighter weight of my curve compared to the bold, so the only thing which would make switch would be wifi+CDMA.

I'm CDMA like you, and I wouldn't expect a CDMA bold anytime soon.
    06-14-08 02:18 AM
    Take it back and get the BOLD!!
    06-14-08 02:23 AM
    If i've held/tried out the bold, but I don't own one, does my opinion matter?
    Does it?

Not sure why you felt the need to ask something so trivial. We all have OPINIONS- you state yours. I'll state mine. I'm not here to stop you from saying anything you want to say.

I'm just not want to encourage someone to wait for what may come later- in live in the now.
    06-14-08 02:33 AM
    Welcome to crack!

It depends what you are looking for in a device. The biggest difference between the Pearl and Bold is memory and size, that I can think of, off the top of my head.

06-14-08 02:52 AM
    Thanks think I will wait until it hit d store and play with It. I want d better of the two devices!

06-15-08 02:55 AM
    any words on the price of the Bold for Verizon
    06-15-08 02:00 PM
    I wouldn't even want to speculate as to what the bold will cost when it finally hits verizon. I don't even think verizon will have it till way after everyone else. They are notorious for this. A september release date is not likely, imho.

Also: I saw in this thread that someone mentioned verizon releasing the thunder before the bold. I doubt this. What research do we have to back this up??

06-15-08 02:07 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD