I've bought 2 black bezels so far, and neither was good enough to permanently replace the original metallic bezel which for some reason I think is ugly.

The first one I bought from some place in China that I saw linked to somewhere here, and after waiting about 17 days for it to arrive it turned out to be a total piece of crap with cheapie side buttons. Plus, I learned with that one that I don't like the matte black.

The second one I bought from an Ebay site. Arrived in 2 days, looked beautiful. Nice glossy black, except for the back cover latch and charge pins - perfect!

Except that the latch didn't hold. And the phone didn't snap into my car charger, like it should, either.

Does anyone know of a glossy black bezel, with all buttons, that actually works?
    12-14-09 06:55 PM
    Should have order from cnn.cn I heard good things about their bezel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 07:25 PM
    Should have order from cnn.cn I heard good things about their bezel.

Their black bezel does not include side buttons, unfortunately. I don't want to mess with buttons.
    12-14-09 08:02 PM
    Whatever you do stay away from true supplier. They are horrible. cnn.cn is top knotch, but like you said, you don't want to change the buttons.
    12-14-09 08:12 PM
    I don't want to mess with buttons.
    have a small kid install them

if you can install the bezel then you can install the buttons
    12-14-09 08:16 PM
    Has anyone tried just removing the silver paint from the original bezel?

The reason I ask is that mine is coming off on its own and if possible it could be a solution?
    12-15-09 12:31 AM
    The one from CNN is a flat black....not glossy.
    The thing I didnt like about CNN is that S/H is just as much as the parts. I think I spent $30 on shipping.
    12-15-09 02:01 AM
    Sw-box.com

Their black bezel's are really high quality and comes in a glossy texture, the buttons come intacted with it also.

12-15-09 07:10 AM
    Sw-box.com

Their black bezel's are really high quality and comes in a glossy texture, the buttons come intacted with it also.

Wow, that's some selection of colors they've got there. Great site for chicks, lol.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered a metallic black bezel, and am crossing my fingers on this one...
    12-15-09 08:33 AM
    have a small kid install them

if you can install the bezel then you can install the buttons
    Are you kidding I couldn't even figure out how to get the trackball off of the motherboard. And yes, I watched a video about it... No worries there I was able to place the black one into the keypad just to see what it looked like and decided I like the white trackball better anyway.

No little kids here to help me out...
    12-15-09 08:36 AM
    Has anyone tried just removing the silver paint from the original bezel?

The reason I ask is that mine is coming off on its own and if possible it could be a solution?
    Take a look around or search, a couple people here have sanded the chrome off their original bezels.
    12-15-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD