Thanks a lot for the comments guys. I am going 9930!!! Appreciate all of your help, without the advice/opinions, I'd still be on the fence.
    One other comment I will add is that I am getting absolutely great battery life on the 9930. I know lots of users on here are having issues with the battery. And there is speculation that the issues are simply due to a bad batch of batteries; not the device.

I am getting 2 days easily. Probably could go into a 3rd day a good bit without a charge. I doubt you'll find any other smartphones of that caliber that can do that. But I'll admit most would charge at night anyway. Still it is just nice to know that if you (assuming your device has a good battery) get in a jam and need to message heavily/make calls, the device will hold up.
    09-01-11 12:27 PM
    One other comment I will add is that I am getting absolutely great battery life on the 9930. I know lots of users on here are having issues with the battery. And there is speculation that the issues are simply due to a bad batch of batteries; not the device.

I am getting 2 days easily. Probably could go into a 3rd day a good bit without a charge. I doubt you'll find any other smartphones of that caliber that can do that. But I'll admit most would charge at night anyway. Still it is just nice to know that if you (assuming your device has a good battery) get in a jam and need to message heavily/make calls, the device will hold up.

Agreed my friend. My 9930 gets 2 days on a charge easily. And I will take the keyboard on the new bold over anything. It's a dream to type on.
    09-01-11 01:08 PM
    I've had the iPhone 4 then used my upgrade to get the Droid 3 a few days later it started acting up so I swapped for the Droid x2. When the Dx2 started having signal issues, I had enough and got the 9930 just as it came out. I love the keyboard and blazing processor. I just need the phone for email, texts, phone calls and some web browsing for news. The 9930 is the perfect work-horse device for me.
    09-01-11 01:18 PM
    I wish I could afford the new bb. I can't. Unless I had my upgrade.I bought my iPhone 4 this past June and it's been great but I really do miss my bb. I talkedsomuch crap about it when I left but now I sort of regret it. Now I can't have the bb i want until 2013. It makes me very upset. I wish I could have help. Have fun with your 9930 though, great choice!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 09:47 PM
    if you love using bb keyboard, you cant really shift to droid/iphone. Ive tired..Ive failed.
    That's exactly how I feel. I'm a little concerned with the battery life on this phone, but the keyboard is so awesome and I love the touchscreen. The web browser still is crappy, but that's my only complaint since I don't using many apps. Maybe because BB doesn't have any though. Good luck!!
    09-01-11 10:08 PM
    No. You're on CrackBerry - quick heads-up.
    Don't quit your day job,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 10:32 PM
    I think he was trying for a metaphor when it comes to browsing a new car it's the same with browsing for a new phone.
    I'm well aware.
    09-01-11 10:35 PM
    As someone who has used Android and iPhone extensively over the past 3 years... I'm going back. I can see why BB users aren't heavy app users because there are no real apps to work with. lol I use a lot of apps (productivity ones, I don't play games) and you realize how much you used apps when you go to a phone that doesn't have them and you're forced to make up for them. I could use the browser but it's a PITA. I live in Manhattan and use maps and subway often. Over the past 2 weeks, it's been a big hassle compared to when I had my iPhone 4. I shouldn't have sold it on Ebay. >< At least the 9930 is still going for a lot on Ebay so it won't be too big of a loss.
    Last edited by Vihzel; 09-01-11 at 10:40 PM.
    09-01-11 10:38 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD