I just got my Bold and i am checking out all the apps i can download, but i am wondering should i get an expanded memory card? I had my Curve 8310 and it seemed when i downloaded like 2 apps i ran out of memory. Am i going to run into the same problem on the Bold? Is it a must to get the expanded slot? and if so, whats the best and where can i find them, and how much do they cost?

Thanks
    06-04-09 11:59 AM
    this expanded memory you are talking about isn't for apps. every app on the phone is stored on the phone. the memory card is used for pictures music and videos. i still suggest one tho because you will run out of free memory ont the bold real quick without one
    06-04-09 12:16 PM
    how much are they and where do i get it?
    06-04-09 12:18 PM
    prices vary as some company has any one of them on sale. I just got a Sandisk 8gb card over the weekend from Radio Shack for 19.99. Just check out any of the local stores near you like staples, best buy, etc or go online.
    06-04-09 12:19 PM
    Go to newegg.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 12:59 PM
    Be sure to get MicroSD or MicroSDHC.
    06-04-09 01:04 PM
    8 gb sounds like a lot of storage but fills up fast with just pictures and music...video really eats up storage as far as I can tell.
    there's also getting a couple (few) different micro-sd cards and using each one for specific purposes; one for songs; one for pics; one for video...I don't know how tough the slot on the Bold is and whether or not it can stand up to repeated changes of the micro-sd card...any one with experience using multiples?
    06-04-09 01:33 PM
    Be sure to get MicroSD or MicroSDHC.
    As stated get a MicroSD at radioshack if you are able to since there was (dunno) / is a good sale on them.

As stated above as well if you don't get a memory card above 2GB you WILL run out of memory fast especially on the bold. I myself bought 2 16GB cards @ $59 apiece.

06-04-09 01:35 PM
    The multiples work fine, however.....

Each time you insert one it has to rescan.
    These are like flash drives and should be properly ejected, otherwise you can corrupt the data.
    06-04-09 01:36 PM
    8 gb sounds like a lot of storage but fills up fast with just pictures and music...video really eats up storage as far as I can tell.
    there's also getting a couple (few) different micro-sd cards and using each one for specific purposes; one for songs; one for pics; one for video...I don't know how tough the slot on the Bold is and whether or not it can stand up to repeated changes of the micro-sd card...any one with experience using multiples?
    Oh sorry mods for double post but I'm still sort of new to CrackBerry.

Anyways bumbles. I originally had 2 4GB cards given to me by my friends who no longer needed them. Since then and in addition to my 2 16GB cards I have experienced no problems switching out cards (knock on wood) as of yet. However as you were curious and as are my worries too, I have noticed a SLIGHT weakening on the ejection force of the cards. But I used to switch a lot interchangebly so if you change cards <5 times a week you shouldn't worry that much.

However I'd (in addition to my earlier post) just recommend you buy a 16GB card or two and stick with those until you're completely full so you don't have to do any micro-management of these small cards.

06-04-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD