06-15-09 04:12 PM
26 12
tools
    I've currently been using the iphone 3g with att since its release date. Even though i love the iphone i've gotten extremely tired of using touch screen to type. Im currently looking for a full QWERTY key pad phone from att and the bold is the only one thats caught my attention. Not having owned a BB other then the storm which was a POS. I would like to know..... is the bold slow like the storm? Does it randomly restart 2-3 times a day? Does call quality suck like the storms did? and any other info would be appreciated THANKS
    06-09-09 05:25 PM
    Simply, no. The Bold is a solid device. It's definitely not slow, call quality is great and it doesn't restart on it's own. Unfortunately, the Storm is in kind of it's own league...
    06-09-09 05:27 PM
    the bold actually is a great phone. mine hasnt never restarted itself and i have had it since feb. it has great apps and great themes for it
    06-09-09 05:27 PM
    Why not get the Bold?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 05:29 PM
    I've currently been using the iphone 3g with att since its release date. Even though i love the iphone i've gotten extremely tired of using touch screen to type. Im currently looking for a full QWERTY key pad phone from att and the bold is the only one thats caught my attention. Not having owned a BB other then the storm which was a POS. I would like to know..... is the bold slow like the storm? Does it randomly restart 2-3 times a day? Does call quality suck like the storms did? and any other info would be appreciated THANKS
    Bold users don't have a dedicated "cuss and fuss" forum. That should tell you something, right there.

Get a Bold.
    06-09-09 05:31 PM
    I have a bold now. I tried a storm for about a week and hated it.
    I have also had a pearl and a curve, and really the storm is the worst of the lot, put it out of your mind when considering any other bb!

06-09-09 05:37 PM
    My ex had an iphone and fussed about it all the time. I've had my curve for a couple of yrs and just got my bold. I'm so glad I changed to this. I hated his iphone as well, I don't think I would get used to typing like that. I also like the keyboard better on the bold than my curve.

06-09-09 05:45 PM
    I purchased my Bold early January and have been loving it ever since. I already had a touch screen phone for a year and a half (Motorola A1200 MING), so I was looking for a new phone. After some planning, my final two choices came down between the iPhone 3G and the BB Bold. I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase of the Bold. I can do pretty much everything I need to with it.

Then about a month ago, I was actually able to get my hands on the iPhone 3G. While it was really cool at first, the iPhone really didn't give me anything extra that I couldn't already do with the Bold. I don't really care if my phone has a virtual Zippo. But the Safari browser for the iPhone probably is the one thing that I do love about the iPhone. I wish RIM could have something similar for future Blackberry phones.

So now I might just either sell the iPhone for cheap or just give it to my brother since he only has the original iPhone.

The Bold is my first Blackberry, and now I don't think I can ever go back.
    06-09-09 05:57 PM
    as a new owner of a Bold and so far it never crash or re-boot ( it's on 24/7 ) i've try the storm didn't like the touch screen, never try the Curve
    06-09-09 06:00 PM
    the bold is awesome and makes a great complement to an iphone (it's my daily combo).

it is imho the best blackberry has to offer right now overrall. just make sure don't fill up all the memory and it's smooth sailing!
    06-09-09 06:04 PM
    Thanks for all the responses, i've made my decision and the bold it is. Now just got to convince my brother to buy my iphone.
    06-09-09 06:11 PM
    Make him a deal he can't refuse!

I've had so many cell phones over the last 12 years that I'd cry to list them all - and the Bold is my absolute favorite. It is my first BlackBerry as well as my first phone with a full keyboard, and I can't imagine a phone wthout the keyboard.

I never had an iPhone - but I do have an iTouch - and I can't tell you how much I hate a touch keyboard.

Bold > iPhone IMO!
    06-09-09 07:29 PM
    I would definitely recommend the Bold. I was torn between the iPhone 3G and the Bold and after much consideration I decided to go with the Bold and I couldn't be happier. I've been using it for two months now and I have had no problems and am very pleased with it. It does everything I need and I also like it's design more than the iPhone. The physical keyboard was also another factor in favor of the Bold, it is very comfortable to type with.
    06-09-09 08:37 PM
    Call quality is good and the speakerphone is one of the best on any phone out there.

Haven't seen a better keyboard out there so far.
    06-09-09 08:41 PM
    Bold is awesome man, but the media on the Iphone is awesome as well.

I personally chose the bold over the Iphone 3G for a ton of reasons..but yes, bold!
    06-09-09 08:59 PM
    Thanks for all the responses, i've made my decision and the bold it is. Now just got to convince my brother to buy my iphone.
    Great choice! You won't be disappointed
    06-09-09 09:12 PM
    Had iphone 3G, tried the Storm....Happy with the bold.
    06-09-09 09:36 PM
    no. Wait till the new line of phones comes out and 5.0 OS is available.
    06-09-09 09:42 PM
    no. Wait till the new line of phones comes out and 5.0 OS is available.
    I've thought of that but personally i don't like the look of any of the blackberries that are going to be released. I kinda like the tour but isn't that suppose to be for CDMA? Does anyone know which of the new blackberries will be coming to att?
    06-09-09 10:40 PM
    The onyx should be coming to at&t. There are a few other ones out there too I believe

06-09-09 10:51 PM
    I've done lots of messing around with the Bold in stores. i currently have a storm...

Let me say the Storm is the reason I'm about to dump VZW in favor of AT&T and a Bold after being a very loyal customer for 5 years. These two phones are like night and day. The bold rocks.
    06-09-09 10:55 PM
    Go for the Bold. Solid, extremely reliable and the keyboard is amazing. Some people have had self-resetting "problems" but the pros just so outweigh the cons, IMO. Call quality for me has been great and the display rocks!!

06-10-09 12:14 AM
    Dozens of devices in fifteen years, including several BlackBerries. Bold is, by a WIDE margin, the best device I've ever owned.

Bold FTW!!!
    06-10-09 12:15 AM
    had both but definately prefer the bold, physical keyboard is brilliant.
    06-10-09 03:19 PM
    Ive had plenty of BBs over the years and can honestly say the bold is so far the most solid and all round best yet.........
    06-10-09 03:57 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD