So I've finally had it with the iPhone 3G. The battery sucks, there are zero keypad shortcuts (like shutting off Bluetooth to save battery, for one), and the POS is always dropping calls, even when I have full bars of 3G...

Plus I hate the fact that all of my friends/family/co-workers have a Berry and I can't use messenger..

A few months ago I had switched to a Bold and LOVED it, but went back to the iPhone because I use MobileMe, and I love the fact that I can sift through all my folders..

My question is, should I purchase a new Bold (I sold my old one on eBay)? Or should I wait for the Onyx?

I refuse to re-up for the new iPhone 3G S, but I'm not sure I should get a Bold if the Onyx is out in November (or sooner).

What do you guys think?

Also, how do people organize their emails using just BIS? Is there a way to get my folders from MobileMe via an app or something? Or should i just use my empty GMail for work, that way I can label my emails with the GMail app?

Thanks!!!
    06-08-09 08:13 PM
    I was in your shoes a few months ago. I had the iphone 3G and also had a mobile me account. I liked the fact that all my contacts would sync up to the cloud from my multiple computers to the iphone. But I was not impressed with the iphone as a phone. Dropped calls becomes very frustrating, and the iphone battery life really sucked. I also miss the voice command dial on the blackberry. Trying to dial a number on a touchscreen while driving is just too dangerous!

To answer your mobile me equivalent for the blackberry. Google came out with a app for the blackberry called Google Sync. It also works on windows mobile and other brand phones. It allows you to sync all your contacts to a gmail account. Best part is that its free.

Before hand I exported my contacts from my computer to a CSV file and then imported it to my Gmail. Afterward I downloaded the Google Sync app to my Bold and synced all my contacts over. No more mobile me fees. I'll use that extra $100 for another accessory for my bold, or even an extended battery.

If you are a mac user this would eliminate the need for Missing Sync as well.
    Saves you another $40 on unnecessary software.
    06-08-09 08:34 PM
    Bold price is now $200, so why not? Onyx is not even ready for release yet, so it might not even come out until fall. Might as well get an unlocked bold, and stay off contract until the phone you want comes out. I should have done that...
    06-08-09 08:49 PM
    Onyx isn't exactly revolutionizing BB's or anything even halfway close to that either...
    06-08-09 08:51 PM
    like the other s have said get the bold. I would go with an unlocked one so that you don't have to worry with using you upgrade but yes the bold with Google Snyc is the way to go.
    06-08-09 08:54 PM
    Onyx isn't exactly revolutionizing BB's or anything even halfway close to that either...
    and why would you say that?
    06-08-09 08:56 PM
    I guess they answered your question...go for an unlocked bold..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 08:57 PM
    I agree with everyone. Get the Bold now. Who knows when the Onyx will be out. It took awhile before AT&T got the Bold. So it may not be ready for release this year. If you're fed up with the iPhone, why wait so long?
    06-08-09 09:08 PM
    The thing that hurts people is that when they buy a new blackberry, and just days later they find out even newer and faster blackberry is coming out in the market. Now, we are upon the onyx eventually replacing the bold. From my standpoint, i plan on waiting it out and not making a hasty decision and grab the onyx. I will gather all the options that arrive and from there i will make my choice. If you are a bold user, you know you can stand patent for a while.
    06-08-09 11:02 PM
    bE bold! get that
    06-08-09 11:28 PM
    Wait for onyx if you can.

06-08-09 11:32 PM
    I got the 8800 around this exact time with the Bold just around the corner, I definitely regret doing that considering the price I paid for it (on Rogers). If you have the money to blow, go for it, if not I'd just wait it out. With all these new phones releasing I can bet RIM will try to get this phone out asap, I doubt you'll have to wait any longer than fall.

06-08-09 11:40 PM
    Get the bold now. The Onyx won't be as big in size. I thought about waiting but nothing revolutionary will be on it

Enjoy the bold then get what is after the Onyx. By then my contract will be up and I'll be due for an upgrade

06-08-09 11:42 PM
    I say try and get a cheap bold on craigslist or ebay and then save your upgrade for the onyx. I'm sure it'll will be worth it.
    06-08-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD