Hi,

New to ShortCutMe and the coding of macros for NFC, so I'm not sure if this is even possible and if it is, I'm not sure what exactly I need to write in.

I'd like to tap an NFC tag on my door that automatically sends a message to a BBM contact saying that "I'm leaving". I've noticed in the NFC Shortcuts app there is a simple macro set up to send an SMS, but is it possible to do this with BBM? If so, what coding is required for the macro to work?

Thanks for your help and love the possibilities these apps provide!
    The following macro shortcut in ShortcutMe opens BBM, looks and finds a contact, and sends "I'm Leaving" message to that person and then closes the BBM.
    And when you get NFCShortcuts to launch the shortcut below then the tap to an NFC tag will do what you want.

AppName: Macro

Macros:
    LaunchAndWait BlackBerry Messenger;
    *KeyCONTACTNAME;Delay40;Click;Delay40;
    /*Finds and open conversation with the contact (Replace CONTACT with the BBM name for that person)*/
    KeyI'm Leaving;EnterKey;Delay100; /*Sends the message*/
    EscKey;EscKey; /*Closes the BBM*/
    kyleheney likes this.
    08-08-12 07:51 PM
    Hi,

Really appreciate the help. I'm getting an error though... "Error recognizing macro: Click"

So far, it works to open BBM and starts typing in my contact search, then the error pops up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just this macro is helping me learn the workings of ShortCutMe... thanks a lot! Going to have fun with this once I get it right!

Edit: Looks like the "Click" should have been "NavClick". I love this app and am starting to really understand it. Thanks for all the help Vijik
    Last edited by kyleheney; 08-09-12 at 08:28 AM.
    08-09-12 07:15 AM
    Good that it works now.

If you want you can write a macro that pops up a panel with 5 messages. When you click one of them that message is going to be sent (instead of only "I'm leaving").
    Let me know if you are interested to have a macro shortcut like that.

(The reason why Click macro doesn't work is because you have an older version of ShortcutMe.
    If you upgrade to the latest version, 6.2.4.0 from App World, Click macro (alias for NavClick) will also work)
    08-09-12 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the heads up! Updating now!

I'd like to see the macro you're referring to. I like the "I'm leaving" macro as one that I can tap then not have to touch anything on my phone, but can see how having 5 different options pop up could be beneficial in other situations.

Thanks!
    08-09-12 09:00 AM
    I just tried updating the ShortcutMe app. AppWorld says the Free Upgrade to 6.2.4 is available, so I downloaded it and restarted my phone. However, once restarted, I still have version 5.9.6 and it still says the upgrade is available.
    08-09-12 02:18 PM
    I just tried updating the ShortcutMe app. AppWorld says the Free Upgrade to 6.2.4 is available, so I downloaded it and restarted my phone. However, once restarted, I still have version 5.9.6 and it still says the upgrade is available.
    It is an issue with App World serving (to random users) the old code (ShortcutMe 5) to ShortcutMe 6 users. This is App World doing this and I am not able to fix it.

Please open the post below, find the proper link for your BB model, download version 6 from there.
    Then after installing version 6, open ShortcutMe, hit BB/menu key and select "Updates" to update to the latest working version of ShortcutMe 6.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post7311380
    kyleheney likes this.
    08-09-12 02:33 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! Updating now!

I'd like to see the macro you're referring to. I like the "I'm leaving" macro as one that I can tap then not have to touch anything on my phone, but can see how having 5 different options pop up could be beneficial in other situations.

Thanks!
    To force ShortcutMe to bring up a list of options, you need to use 'SelectFrom' macro. Example:

SelectFrom I'm Leaving,I am driving now,I will be there soon; (When ShortcutMe's Macro Engine sees this, it will bring up a dialog box with those 3 texts in it. You can then select one of them. ShortcutMe will then read your selection from variable $$Result)

I made a plugin that does what you want, you can download it from here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7560790

If you are not familiar with plugins, read (and see the video clip in) the first post on the same thread mentioned above.
    Last edited by Vijik; 08-11-12 at 06:56 AM.
    kyleheney likes this.
    08-10-12 07:11 AM
    @kyleheney,

Latest version of ShortcutMe, 6.2.4.0, (same version as the one on the App World) is now available through In-App Updates (ShortcutMe > BB Key > Updates).

So, you don't need to get it from App World when App World messes things up by installing a very old version on your BB.
    08-11-12 07:01 AM
    Hi there. I accidentally deleted shortcutme. Reinstalled and lost all the macros. I have v5. To get to a menu - say turn on or off wifi, what is the necessary keystroke combination?
    Please and thanks.
    04-12-13 08:16 PM
    Hi there. I accidentally deleted shortcutme. Reinstalled and lost all the macros. I have v5. To get to a menu - say turn on or off wifi, what is the necessary keystroke combination?
    Please and thanks.
    If you just want to turn wifi on or off a shortcut like this in ShortcutMe 6 will do the job:

Macros: TurnWifiOn /* or use TurnWifiOff */

If you want to toggle wifi from Manage Connections using ShortcutMe 5:

Macros:
    Launch Manage Connections;
    Delay 300;
    NavMoveDown 1; /*Move to Wifi*/
    NavClick;
    04-13-13 08:59 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD