Hi Gang!

I am looking for a ShortCutMe macro/program for "Turning on bluetooth, turn off wifi, and switch on media (music) player" and one that does the opposite.

I'm a little technically backward and cannot work out how to create one. Does anyone have one, or if anyone is able to create one then I would be most grateful.
    07-25-12 05:02 AM
    Hi Gang!

I am looking for a ShortCutMe macro/program for "Turning on bluetooth, turn off wifi, and switch on media (music) player" and one that does the opposite.

I'm a little technically backward and cannot work out how to create one. Does anyone have one, or if anyone is able to create one then I would be most grateful.
    What do you mean with "Switch on media player"? Do mean just opening the same page that opens when you click/touch on the Music icon (in Media tab on Home Screen)?
    07-25-12 06:48 AM
    What do you mean with "Switch on media player"? Do mean just opening the same page that opens when you click/touch on the Music icon (in Media tab on Home Screen)?
    Yes, precisely that.
    07-25-12 07:27 AM
    When you combine NFCShortcut and ShortcutMe apps, you always go through 2 steps to be able to get your BB to do various things when it is tapped to an NFC tag.

1- Add a shortcut to ShortcutMe that does what you want.

2- Get NFCShortcuts to launch the shortcut created in step 1 above when the BB touches an NFC tag.

Step 1 can be achieved in your case by opening ShortcutMe, hit BB Key, and hit Add Shortcut, then setting the shortcut like this:

--AppName: Macro
    --Shortcut Keys: LHM (or any other keys you want)
    --Parameter:
    --Macros: TurnBtOn;TurnWifiOff;Launch Media_Music;

Step 2 can be achieved by opening NFCShortcuts, tap an NFC tag (a supported type) when the backlight and NFC is On), then say Yes to add that tag, and then set Launch to ShortcutMe and set parameter to LHM (the keys for the shortcut in step 1).
    07-25-12 09:59 AM
    Thank you - thats works perfectly.

To reverse it and return to the home screen do I just make the obvious adjustments or is there more to it? So, then I simply hit a tag and have BT go off, wifi come on, and return to home screen?
    07-25-12 10:42 AM
    Thank you - thats works perfectly.

To reverse it and return to the home screen do I just make the obvious adjustments or is there more to it? So, then I simply hit a tag and have BT go off, wifi come on, and return to home screen?
    A simple macro for turning off BT, turning on Wifi and go to Home Screen is:

TurnBtOff;
    TurnWifiOn;
    Launch Home Screen;

You could make this macro more intelligent so that it only switches to Home Screen if Media Player is in foreground, but that requires using IF sentence.
    Let me know if you are interested in that.
    07-25-12 03:15 PM
    Thats fine thanks.

However, developed a problem with the first macro. All works fine but suddenly the BT will NOT turn on! You can see the macro go through the various steps and on the BT settings it just stays on the "off".

Any thoughts why this is happening all of a sudden. Others steps - wifi off and media music on still work perfectly.
    07-26-12 02:43 AM
    1- What happens when BT is already On when you run the macro that tries to turn on BT?

2- And what happens if BT is ON and you run the macro that turns BT off?
    07-26-12 04:01 AM
    1. Then it works fine and leaves the BT on.

2. It does NOT turn it off. Otherwise it works as it should.
    07-26-12 04:46 AM
    Since it was working before on your BB and since it is working fine on my BB, and since no one has reported a problem like this before, I assume it is just a timing issue.

I made a newer version (6.2.3.5) with slightly increased timings. Please upgrade to that (ShortcutMe > BB/Menu key > Updates) and try again.
    07-26-12 06:49 AM
    Thanks. Appreciate your help and keep up the good work!
    07-27-12 02:13 AM
    Thanks. Appreciate your help and keep up the good work!
    Does this mean that you upgraded to 6.2.3.5 and both of your macro shortcuts work correctly when they turn Bluetooth ON or Off?
    07-27-12 06:15 AM
    Does this mean that you upgraded to 6.2.3.5 and both of your macro shortcuts work correctly when they turn Bluetooth ON or Off?
    Yes i did upgrade.
    Again it worked initially. It has since become more intermittent. At times it works, other times it does not switch BT off.
    07-27-12 06:30 AM
    1- What BB OS do you run on your 9900?

2- For those cases when the macro fails, do you see a drop down menu with ON and OFF opens for Bluetooth setting? I need to know where and at what stage the macro fails before I can fix it (it doesn't happen on my 9900s (OS 7.1.0.402, and 7.1.0.437) so I need more info))
    07-27-12 07:09 AM
    1- What BB OS do you run on your 9900?

2- For those cases when the macro fails, do you see a drop down menu with ON and OFF opens for Bluetooth setting? I need to know where and at what stage the macro fails before I can fix it (it doesn't happen on my 9900s (OS 7.1.0.402, and 7.1.0.437) so I need more info))
    I use 7.1.0.523.

And yes, it fails at the drop down menu. You see the BT menu drop down but nothing changes.
    maudoc likes this.
    07-27-12 11:48 AM
    I use 7.1.0.523.

And yes, it fails at the drop down menu. You see the BT menu drop down but nothing changes.

Must be something new in .523

I made another new version, 6.2.3.6, hopefully it will work on your BB OS 7.1.0.523

Please upgrade to that version (ShortcutMe>BB Key>Updates) and see if TurnBtOn, TurnBtOff run correctly on your BB.
    07-27-12 05:52 PM
    Must be something new in .523

I made another new version, 6.2.3.6, hopefully it will work on your BB OS 7.1.0.523

Please upgrade to that version (ShortcutMe>BB Key>Updates) and see if TurnBtOn, TurnBtOff run correctly on your BB.
    Updated but there is clearly an issue with BT. The drop down menu is shown but nothing happens - even if its just a simple "TurnBtOn" or off command.

Hope future updates might eradicate it.
    07-30-12 03:48 AM
    Updated but there is clearly an issue with BT. The drop down menu is shown but nothing happens - even if its just a simple "TurnBtOn" or off command.

Hope future updates might eradicate it.
    Today, after asking some fans, I got 2 beta testers who run 7.1.0.523 on their 9900.
    They tested TurnBtOn macro and currently don't see any problem. It means the macro works fine and without any problem!

I will also later on this week upgrade to .523 and test, and I will look for more beta testers to test it on .523
    In the mean time make sure ShortcutMe's permissions are set to Allow on your BB.
    07-30-12 06:09 AM
    OK, will do.

Let us know how you get on.
    07-30-12 06:42 AM
    @pseuds,

Thanks to a nice and helpful beta tester, I think, the problem is now solved.

Please upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.2.3.8 (Updates menu item), and see if the problem with TurnBtOn and TurnBtOff macros is not solved on your BB.
    07-30-12 08:36 PM
    Vijik,

I loaded the new 7.1.0.569 OS and all the shortcuts discussed above are working extremely well. Very swift too!

Thanks for all your help.
    07-31-12 03:24 AM
    Vijik,

I loaded the new 7.1.0.569 OS and all the shortcuts discussed above are working extremely well. Very swift too!

Thanks for all your help.
    That is good news.
    But I think the changes in ShortcutMe 6.2.3.8 should also make sure that those macros work on your old BB OS: 7.1.0.523

Just for the record, did you upgraded to ShortcutMe 6.2.3.8 and then tested the macros on your new BB OS (7.1.0.569), or you are still using ShortcutMe 6.2.3.7?
    07-31-12 12:42 PM
    That is good news.
    But I think the changes in ShortcutMe 6.2.3.8 should also make sure that those macros work on your old BB OS: 7.1.0.523

Just for the record, did you upgraded to ShortcutMe 6.2.3.8 and then tested the macros on your new BB OS (7.1.0.569), or you are still using ShortcutMe 6.2.3.7?
    I upgraded to 6.2.3.8 after I had loaded .569. No problems to report now that Ive been using them for about 2 days. If anything they appear to have got faster!
    08-01-12 03:51 AM
    I upgraded to 6.2.3.8 after I had loaded .569. No problems to report now that Ive been using them for about 2 days. If anything they appear to have got faster!
    Thanks.

(Yes, those 2 super macros (TurnBtOn and TurnBtOff) should run faster now)
    08-01-12 10:31 AM
    Hi,

New to ShortCutMe and the coding of macros for NFC, so I'm not sure if this is even possible and if it is, I'm not sure what exactly I need to write in.

I'd like to tap an NFC tag on my door that automatically sends a message to a BBM contact saying that "I'm leaving". I've noticed in the NFC Shortcuts app there is a simple macro set up to send an SMS, but is it possible to do this with BBM? If so, what coding is required for the macro to work?

Thanks for your help and love the possibilities these apps provide!
    08-08-12 02:23 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD