Hello together,

my newly Bold 9900 arrived today. First impression: WOW!

But after a couple of hours, i felt on my right thumb a sharp corner problem.
    On the right bottom side (under SYM button to Enter - in that curve), the plastic is quite lower embedded as the metal. So you can feel a sharp curve with your thumb on touching over this area.

Has someone same issue?
    Should i return this device?

My one is build up in HUNGARY2 - so normally this production place is better as in Mexico.

Thanks for your reply.

Alex
    08-24-11 03:00 PM
    No but mine is sharp down by the left side wireless charger part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 03:08 PM
    You did not bring the device back and get a new one?
    Iam really unsure what i should do ...
    08-24-11 03:15 PM
    Try pushing it in.

You don't want to trade in a Hungary BB. lol
    08-24-11 03:17 PM
    Try pushing it in.

You don't want to trade in a Hungary BB. lol
    lol

dude, if its something you cant handle please return the phone. make hay while the sun is shinning. dont wait till your return policy has expired.

but you will have serious issue if you got it from outside hungary. i hope not.
    08-24-11 03:58 PM
    I have a sharp edge on the right side where there are volume control buttons. I don't mind it and it is Made in Mexico 4.
    08-24-11 04:01 PM
    If you have a piece of the plastic sticking up, take your nail and push it down, problem solved. Mine had a corner like that and I just pushed it down and it stayed down
    08-24-11 04:13 PM
    Normally, Hungary are best manufacturers for quality. Better then Mexican.

So if returnnthis device, maybe i get a ,ore faulty device.
    So the question is really: returning or not?

I opened that thread, to get more feedback about such devices with same issue.

Alex
    08-24-11 04:24 PM
    If you have a piece of the plastic sticking up, take your nail and push it down, problem solved. Mine had a corner like that and I just pushed it down and it stayed down
    i tried to pushed it down, but the metal band is very strong and you cannot easily push it down. But will have a one more try with that solution. Must using
    another hardware for pushing it down ...
    08-24-11 04:26 PM
    If you look at the bottom right side, where Uhscale mentioned, below and to the right of the SYM key, there is a tiny slot between the plastic fascia and the metal bezel - I think it may be for the mic, but if that's the problem I think it's supposed to be like that.
    08-24-11 04:36 PM
    Yes this is the micro, but i did not spoke around this small spot.
    Go away from this spot right to the ENTER (Return) key, you feel that sharp edge.

So i tried to push it down with the end of a screwdriver (hard plastic, to not damage the phone), but no luck with it.

On the left side the metal band is fine closed up with the plastic and metal band.
    08-24-11 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD