Hello,

I have a question... and some have been partially answered by the "Similar threads feature" when creating this thread, + I have searched thru the FAQ, etc.. before creating this thread. And done some google searching, but I mainly run into enterprise account users posts, etc.. Mine are just MSN, and GMAIL.

I have multiple accounts that all forward to one GMail account. One of them is a @msn account which is setup to forward, but keep copy on server.

Right now I have my main GMail address setup in my blackberry. I also have the GMail App installed, but since email opened with it is not HTML, it's sort of worthless to me.

Anyway, I would like the ability to send to/reply to certain emails using the alternate account, that in all likelihood was sent to one of the alternate accounts.

Could someone tell me how to go about adding the MSN account as a "SEND ONLY" account?

And also, how do I add the other GMail accounts that forward to my primary, so that they show up as an option to use to send FROM, but never receive from the account?

My Carrier is Sprint, but I don't think that makes much difference.

Please help a noob out. If I could get this setup, I would be very happy.
    09-13-10 10:28 AM
    Just set them up on the BB like you would any email account, then setup a filter so no mail gets forwarded to you phone.
    09-13-10 10:54 AM
    But it's already coming to my phone? That's the problem. And I NEED it to come to my phone, except the way it is doing it now, forwarding it to my Primary GMAIL account.
    09-13-10 07:48 PM
    Right...

So let me get this right now...
    1. You have a gmail account, this is setup to come to your BB?
    2. You have a number of other email accounts (MSN, Yahoo, etc) and they are all forwarded to your gmail?
    3. So you get all your emails through your gmail account on the BB right?
    4. But you want to be able to send email from any one of your accounts? You just don't want to receive double emails on your BB (one email from gmail and one from msn that was forwarded to gmail)?

This can be done by setting up whatever account you want (msn) to your BB. After you set it up through your "Email Settings" app/icon go back in and go to the filter menu of it. In the filter menu there is "When no filters apply:" setting at the bottom. Just check off "Do not forward messages to the device"

Now this email account will be setup on your BB so you can send email from it, but you won't get any emails sent to your BB in this account. From what I understand this is what you want...
    09-13-10 08:21 PM
    Right, on the "So let me get this right now".... you hit the nail on the head.
    (Except I only have one MSN account and rest are GMAIL accounts)

When sending an email I just want to be able to just chose the "From" part and select appropriate one for that email. (Business mostly, some personal).

I've seen you-tube videos that were NOT on this topic but in their videos I saw them generate an email and they were able to click the from and select from at least 6 different email accounts. That is what got me wanting to be able to do it also. ( I was jealous another words. LOL

Ok.. I will attempt to do this after lunch today. (Got a hectic morning) But I REALLY appreciate your help.

I'm learning a little more about Blackberry's day by day. And this forum is the best!
    09-14-10 08:29 AM
    This seems a little ridiculous, why wouldn't you just setup all the accounts on the blackberry, hide the icons, let everything go to the "Messages" icon, choose which email to send/reply from each time, and remove the forwarding on the other accounts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 11:12 AM
    Its like the previous poster said.
    Go to the email setup.
    Highlight the email acct.
    Hit your track pad.
    Select the FILTERS
    Select "Do not forward mail to device"
    Save. Done!!!
    So easy a cave man could do it.

09-14-10 01:17 PM
    Go to the email setup.
    Hit your track pad.
    Select the FILTERS
    Save. Done!!!
    Or a Gecko. lol
    09-14-10 02:35 PM
    Go to the email setup.
    Hit your track pad.
    Select the FILTERS
    Save. Done!!!

I got it finally done! Added 3 accounts. I have to admit that I let the filter section grab my attention and ALMOST let it get more difficult than it seemed. If you just immediately scroll to very bottom and choose "DO NOT FORWARD MESSAGES TO DEVICE" (put circle next to) and SAVE. You're good to go. Don't choose anything else, or change any drop down items, it will screw you up.. trust me I know.

However I might add a few things(if people like their BB a certain way) for future people who might do this same thing. Immediately after you get that all done, go right back into email setup, highlight the new account, and click "Edit" (I think that's what it was) You will see a bunch of areas with "+" symbols next to them....scroll to signature and DELETE all the characters under signature "Sent via Sprint on the Blackberry Network" (which on my MAIN account I left this and just took the "Sprint" out of it) and THEN go to bottom under SYNC Options and un-check CONTACTS, & DELETED ITEMS. Then, and again, this is according to how you like your BB setup, but I don't like emails in MESSAGES. So you have to go to messages, hit menu key and select OPTIONS>INBOX OPTIONS> and un-check the newly created "SEND ONLY" Emails.

But all of that is of course your decision and you do it the way YOU like it. It's just something I did because I like it that way. I definitely don't want anything messing with my contacts.(Google Sync cost me about half a days work fixing what it screwed up)

I can't thank you guys enough!
    09-14-10 03:33 PM
    Man, and I thought I was done.

One more little question.

How do I set the "Default" email address?

When I create a new email my main one isn't there by default.
    09-14-10 03:40 PM
    Options> Advanced Options> Default Services, set Messaging to the address you want.

The BlackBerry will always default to the last email you used for a contact. So if your default is a gmail address, but you used a yahoo one the last time you emailed John Smith. Then the next time you email him it will default to the yahoo address.
    09-14-10 03:57 PM
    Man, you are just a fountain of BB Knowledge.

Thanks for the info... AGAIN.
    09-14-10 04:52 PM
    This is just what i needed! thanks guys and thank you ridesno159 for linking me to this post!!
    09-21-10 02:42 AM
    I realize this is an old thread, but I landed here via Google... I wish this was possible with BB10!
    09-17-13 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD