My BB Bold 9700 is acting strangely and seems to stop receiving messages from the server for long periods of time (hours to days). I have done a re-activation with the BES and that seemed to fix the problem temporarily. But now it is back to the same behavior.

My inbox shows a large number of messages (5,000+) and I think that maybe the inbox is full, but don't know how to check. One option is to shorten the length of time that the BB keeps messages on the device. I went searching for a place to set this limit but couldn't find it.

Am I on the right track to solve this problem? If so, where do I find the settings?

Matrix Man
    07-05-10 07:53 PM
    My BB Bold 9700 is acting strangely and seems to stop receiving messages from the server for long periods of time (hours to days). I have done a re-activation with the BES and that seemed to fix the problem temporarily. But now it is back to the same behavior.

My inbox shows a large number of messages (5,000+) and I think that maybe the inbox is full, but don't know how to check. One option is to shorten the length of time that the BB keeps messages on the device. I went searching for a place to set this limit but couldn't find it.

Am I on the right track to solve this problem? If so, where do I find the settings?

Matrix Man
    I'm not sure how to check if your mailbox is full but to set the length of time they stay on BB, open the messages icon-->options-->general options, scroll to bottom, and you'll see days to keep messages. you can set the lenth from there. Hope this helps.
    07-05-10 07:59 PM
    oldtimeBBaddict

Thanks. I kept trying to access the options from the folder without opening it and your clue helped me to find the setting that I forgot about. When I got to it the setting showed 30 days of messages which should be plenty.

I'll change it go 15 days to see if that helps but I've had it set for 30 days since I got the BB back in December 2009 without a problem.

Any other ideas?

Matrix Man
    07-05-10 10:22 PM
    oldtimeBBaddict

Thanks. I kept trying to access the options from the folder without opening it and your clue helped me to find the setting that I forgot about. When I got to it the setting showed 30 days of messages which should be plenty.

I'll change it go 15 days to see if that helps but I've had it set for 30 days since I got the BB back in December 2009 without a problem.

Any other ideas?

Matrix Man
    Well, aside from the obvious suggestion of deleting emails out of your inbox, I'd check to see how your email is syncd. When you delete from the BB, does it remove from your email server and vice versa?
    07-05-10 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD