Hello all,

I am very new on Blackberry, got my first BB phone yesterday and after spending the whole day configuring it the way I wanted, I am still stuck with an email-account.

My gmail account and my profession account did not pose any problem, everything worked just fine, but I have a 3rd account that I want to add.

The problem, is that this account does not use the e-mail address as username, so I need to change the username in order to let the server recognize me.

The thing is that on my bold 9900, OS 7.1, I cannot (or did not find) set an e-.mail with an advanced setting where I can change the username.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks for the help
    07-28-13 05:08 AM
    Hello all,

I am very new on Blackberry, got my first BB phone yesterday and after spending the whole day configuring it the way I wanted, I am still stuck with an email-account.

My gmail account and my profession account did not pose any problem, everything worked just fine, but I have a 3rd account that I want to add.

The problem, is that this account does not use the e-mail address as username, so I need to change the username in order to let the server recognize me.

The thing is that on my bold 9900, OS 7.1, I cannot (or did not find) set an e-.mail with an advanced setting where I can change the username.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks for the help

Welcome to CrackBerry!
    I'm not sure, but just an idea...could you change the username on the actuall email client on the PC?
    I could be totally wrong too...Maybe someone else can chime in
    07-28-13 10:01 AM
    Hi,

Do you mean changing my username on my email account on the server? If so, no I can't, it's a company server and don't have access to it.

Thanks for replying and any other help is more than welcome.

Cheers
    07-28-13 04:07 PM
    Hi,

Do you mean changing my username on my email account on the server? If so, no I can't, it's a company server and don't have access to it.

Thanks for replying and any other help is more than welcome.

Cheers
    Yeah that's what I meant. Bugger. Hmm. So its not taking the user name you have? What client is it?

Anyone know how to help OP?

Posted via my oh so cool Zed 10
    07-28-13 06:40 PM
    Actually, my problem is that there is no field where to put my username, or at least I didn't find it.

So the account manager tries to connect with just my e-mail (something like: firstname.name@domain.com) as username and the password I entered. But I did not find how to setup the e-mail with "advanced" settings such as "username".

I hope this is more clear, and again thanks for helping.
    07-30-13 12:05 PM
    What TYPE of email is this? GMail, POP3, Exchange, something else?
    07-30-13 04:53 PM