lol, whew. I thought it was me.

I've only had this Bold for about 3 weeks and tonight decided to put my wife's name "in" for voice dialing. When I couldn't find how to do that, I resorted to looking at the user guide. Still confused (b/c I thought I was going to set it up by saying her name), I decided to just start using it.

I called almost every person in my list EXCEPT my wife.

I had a Sanyo phone that worked beautifully when it came to voice dialing. Guess I was expecting too much.

I'll take a look at the Vlingo. Thanks for the advice.
    07-20-09 09:56 PM
    One thing I discovered: Using the handset, voice dial seems to work ok. Using a bluetooth headset you can forget it! My experience anyway....
    07-21-09 09:59 AM
    Well i have a very difficult time using the voice dial feature on my Bold also, when in bluetooth is hard to use as it turns up suggestions other than the ones i want.

When in handheld, its a bit easier, but still frustrating. I tend to use numbers most of the time because those work better than name calling.

Hope i helped.
    07-21-09 12:04 PM
    For those with bluetooth voice dial issues, try Disabling Audio Prompts. Takes a bit of getting used to the beeps instead of a verbal response, but it dramatically improved voice recognition on my Bold.
    08-16-09 10:35 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD