I used a curve for five months and the voice dial worked about 90% of the time. On my bold, 50% of the time it doesnt even hear me say anything. 40% of the time is returns suggestions so far off from what I said its actually funny;

Me; "Call Home"
    Voice dial confirmation; "Call Steve Masterson mobile"?

I noticed that the program is no longer voice signal. I dont know if they changed thier name or what becuase the program sounds and looks exactly the same.

Is anybody noticing these issues?
    11-19-08 08:16 PM
    I wish I can help you on this one. I removed that feature from my phone for memory optimization.
    11-19-08 08:40 PM
    I didn't have a previous BB to base my experiences on but voice dial is a big issue for me. I am on the road all the time and with new legislation coming to Ontario Canada, I have to get it working well. Far too often, it replies with no match found and often comes back with ridiculous suggestions.

I tried a few different headsets from my old Jawbone (two of them) to a Z9i and then to a new jawbone (which I love). Too many missed interpratations.
    11-19-08 08:41 PM
    I find the voice dial the same as with previous 8820 and 8310 I've used. I tried calling name as well as speaking out numbers and 95% of the time, it worked.
    11-19-08 08:47 PM
    I agree Im not too impressed, pulls up the wrong contact just about everytime. Dosent matter if Im using a headset or the actual phone..

Maybe the latest OS will improve it?
    11-19-08 08:49 PM
    I'm actually on .185.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 05:47 AM
    I wish I can help you on this one. I removed that feature from my phone for memory optimization.
    How did you remove it? When I highlight the icon and press the menu button, I don't get an option to "Delete" like I do with some of the other apps.
    11-20-08 07:21 AM
    Oh good, I thought maybe I have a bad microphone that somehow can't pick up my voice or something. I guess it's the SW voice recognition problem.
    11-20-08 07:50 AM
    Sorry to say, the voice dial, just doesn't work, never did.
    11-20-08 07:56 AM
    Voice recognition is never going to be 100% spot on, there are so many accents, pitches of voices, speeds of talking & so on...I find it works ok if i speak a little slower & pronounce things a bit clearer...also helps if you don't have things like car radios on in the background.
    11-20-08 08:02 AM
    As happy as I am overall with my Bold, my old Nokia E62 beats the crud out of it when it comes to voice dialing. I use both a 1st & 2nd generation Jawbone and the Bold voice dialing acts up about 40-45% of the time. In 2+ years of owning the E62, it misdialed maybe a dozen times total.

To me, voice dialing is critical. The lack of it is one of the main reasons I didn't buy a Jesus phone. At least it semi-works on the Bold. I can only hope that later software versions improve it.
    11-20-08 08:14 AM
    Voice dial worked far better on my Motorola Q9 Global. It recognized more names than it missed.

A business-class phone like the Bold should have a much better application included that actually works as expected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 08:23 AM
    Voice dial in my car worked 90% on my 8820, but with my Bold it's a 50% change that it will ask for a command or tell me my coverage. What I do now is cover my car mic when I hit the bluetooth button in my car and wait for it to ask for a command then I can say "Call Home". Good times...
    11-20-08 08:28 AM
    Sorry to say, the voice dial, just doesn't work, never did.
    Like I said in my OP, I thought the VD on the curve was excellent.

Glad to see that its not just me though.
    11-20-08 08:41 AM
    Has anyone tried using vlingo for voice dialing?
    11-20-08 08:45 AM
    I find if I speak the number to be dialed, it works every time, but who has every number in their contact list memorized? lol

There needs to be a way to "train" VAD to better recognize your voice. Every other voice recognition software has it...
    11-20-08 09:04 AM
    Just for ha ha's, I set my right convenience key to voice command. Seems to work much better. I wonder if its something with bluetooth.
    11-20-08 09:10 AM
    I hate to say it but before I got my Bold I had an iPhone and had just downloaded a free app from the app store called "Say Who" from Excuse Me Services Inc which is a voice dialing app. It was accurate 9 1/2 times out of 10 no matter where I was or any back ground noises. Maybe they will come out with one for the BBB. I think it would be perfect and solve all the problems with voice dialing at least.
    11-20-08 09:16 AM
    I hate to say it but before I got my Bold I had an iPhone and had just downloaded a free app from the app store called "Say Who" from Excuse Me Services Inc which is a voice dialing app. It was accurate 9 1/2 times out of 10 no matter where I was or any back ground noises. Maybe they will come out with one for the BBB. I think it would be perfect and solve all the problems with voice dialing at least.
    Does it work over bluetooth?
    11-20-08 09:37 AM
    When I first got the Bold the voice recognition was perfect. After upgrading the OS to .162 the voice recognition became useless. I find that voice dial works fine on the Bold without Bluetooth. Once I use Bluetooth and voice dial the recognition is useless.
    11-20-08 09:50 AM
    Does it work over bluetooth?
    I have no problem with it over bluetooth.
    11-20-08 10:33 AM
    I don't think the VAD that comes on the BB is very good

I use Vlingo and IMO it works great! Many more features, and the more you use it the better it gets, and it is Free! I love that I can speak a text message or email, and it converts it to text!
    11-20-08 10:41 AM
    I don't think the VAD that comes on the BB is very good

I use Vlingo and IMO it works great! Many more features, and the more you use it the better it gets, and it is Free! I love that I can speak a text message or email, and it converts it to text!
    does this work over bluetooth? Voice dialing?
    11-20-08 11:16 AM
    Vlingo says it's not compatible with the Bold.
    11-20-08 11:34 AM
    does this work over bluetooth? Voice dialing?
    No it doesn't seem to work off the bluetooth as you do have to hold the phone close to your mouth and speak. If the phone is to far away it will say on the screen that it didn't hear you. I do use a bluetooth and wish it worked better with it, but I am very happy with the program.
    11-20-08 11:35 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD