So i just got the bold. some things bother me...internet sucks, track pad is crooked, and email has squares all over it?!?! I want internet. do yall reccommend another BB or device? Im NOT a business person but like the durability and nice feel of the bold. The INCREDIABLE seems to "look cheap"? Mabey storm 2? Please help me make a decision on what to do?
    06-17-10 06:17 PM
    What you'll want to do is send me your BOLD and i'll send you my TOUR. This will probably solve most of the problems!
    06-17-10 06:20 PM
    All the problems you described could be a software glitch. I would consider updating to the newest available software for that phone.

The trackpad issue is most likely just a unit defect. I would go back to where you got it from and try to get it replaced. My 9700 Bold's trackpad is perfectly straight with no wiggle in it (like other users describe with theirs)
    06-17-10 06:23 PM
    went to verizon...they didnt sy much and i didnt push them either...should i keep the bold or get the storm 2? idk...and my bold does have the latest software btw...
    06-17-10 06:28 PM
    Email is showing boxes because they are graphics and BB OS won't show them unless you tell it to to prevent hacking etc.

Internet sucks hard on BB. Bolt is a slight upgrade but I prefer the BB Browser over Bolt. it's only good for browsing mobile sites.

How crooked is your track pad? Mine is probably 3-4 degrees off, but is angled(left side sits higher than right side) Works flawlessly though so I have no complaints about that.

I am exchanging my Bold for an EVO 4G when Best Buy gets some in stock.
    06-17-10 06:29 PM
    its not too off....i think i wanna keep BB cause of the sturdy not cheap feel...but now its between storm 2 or keep my BOLD????
    06-17-10 06:38 PM
    The small screen makes it lousy for frequent web work anyway... but won't OS 6 be the total fix for the software problem?
    06-17-10 07:18 PM
    so storm 2 or BOLD? main diff if any? heard BOLD is a tad bit faster? Both good quality? Same features?
    06-17-10 07:28 PM
    Just get the incredible or wait for that new motoroka droid x.
    06-17-10 07:42 PM
    It depends what your main uses for the phone would be. If you do a lot of web browsing and watch video, then get the Storm 2.
    06-17-10 07:47 PM
    Return the bold and get the iphone. At least on the exterior it looks a lot better than the bold 9650.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 08:08 PM
    Man, who buys a BB for web browsing? I mean the screen, yeah, looks awesome resolution but 2.4"? i tried trimming my browser down by disabling java script and pic loading. Really speeds it up. I didn't get it for the browser tho.
    06-17-10 08:08 PM
    I if you want a big screen then get the storm 2. Even business people like me like the storm once they get used to typing on a touch screen and I will tell you from experience the BB storm is the only touchscreen device that has a functionally and practical text input (typing)

06-17-10 08:22 PM
    So if i get the storm 2 should i do the update that i did to the BOLD? and does the phone work well? And issues i need to kno about....so far the bold has done okay...just dont like the small screen...im really leaning towards the storm 2...
    06-17-10 08:34 PM
    Getting a storm 2 won't solve your problems as the bold is faster. Sounds like you've got a few defects in your phone but the only phone with excellent web browsing capabilities is the iphone. Droids are all similar to bb but with better resolution etc. Whatever you do I'd say don't get a storm 2 this late in the game. Wait for storm 3 or even the droid x

06-17-10 09:01 PM
    Getting a storm 2 won't solve your problems as the bold is faster. Sounds like you've got a few defects in your phone but the only phone with excellent web browsing capabilities is the iphone. Droids are all similar to bb but with better resolution etc. Whatever you do I'd say don't get a storm 2 this late in the game. Wait for storm 3 or even the droid x

Exactly, the storm 2 will only lead to more problems. Just get a droid since you like web browsing.
    06-17-10 09:20 PM
    If your getting a phone for the internet. BB is definitely not the way to go. The Incred is a great phone. Def doesnt feel cheap to me ... I love mine. Good luck the. S2 is a nice phone as well.
    06-17-10 09:25 PM
    my HTC Diamond using Opera Mobile 10 internet experience was pretty close to iPhone. and i could have flash support.

Going to Storm 2 isn't going to fix your internet experience, they will still load slow, it will just be on a slightly larger screen.

I love my BB for email/sms and the facebook app. Anything else aside from MOBILE/WAP pages and the phone is very 'meh' in every category. Screen looks great, just wish I could find games to make use of it.
    06-17-10 09:26 PM
    Boy the droid fan boys sure do show up in these type threads don't they? The question posed by the OP was simple "keep bold or get S2?" browsing is an issue and it is not yet known whether S2 will run any variation of OS6. The Bold is a more powerful device for sure. The S2 is a solid device that IMO will get some variation of OS6 which will make it even better. Sure the droid phones are flashier and stuff but Blackberrys are called Crackberrys for a reason. So I say of you want a blackberry and you want a large screen and if you have to make up your mind within the 30 day return period then get the S2....if you can wait them wait for the Storm 3.

Last edited by sf18443; 06-17-10 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Changed "berries" to "berrys"... dern spell check!
    06-17-10 09:45 PM
    i cant wait for the S3 and if the BOLD is better than the S2 then i dont wanna down grade for a touch screen...i like the droid but idk...is either stay wit BB or get the droid...but no major problems wit BB...I REALLY like the soild feel. and i like BBM...i will sleep on it and google some more..ive heard a lot of Touch Screen issues with the droid though...
    06-17-10 09:58 PM
    Not a droid fan. The guy wants internet browsing and more complete-looking emails. It would be unfair to ask the guy to wait for OS6 since 1. no one really knows when it is going to be released. 2. no one knows what the web browser is actually going to be like. The Storm is no different than the Bold in terms of rendering web pages or email. We are just letting him know that.

Droid offers what he is looking for right now. In my opinion, the only compelling reason for a consumer go with blackberry today is BBM and messaging in general. It definitely isn't the web experience, it's not the app store, or the touch interface of the Storm...he wants internet, he should get a droid. If he said he wanted the ultimate messaging device, I would say get a blackberry. It's that simple.
    06-17-10 10:02 PM
    Not a droid fan. The guy wants internet browsing and more complete-looking emails. It would be unfair to ask the guy to wait for OS6 since 1. no one really knows when it is going to be released. 2. no one knows what the web browser is actually going to be like. The Storm is no different than the Bold in terms of rendering web pages or email. We are just letting him know that.

Droid offers what he is looking for right now. In my opinion, the only compelling reason for a consumer go with blackberry today is BBM and messaging in general. It definitely isn't the web experience, it's not the app store, or the touch interface of the Storm...he wants internet, he should get a droid. If he said he wanted the ultimate messaging device, I would say get a blackberry. It's that simple.
    I was just making a smart@*** comment I sorry! But Droid's have less than stellar battery life, but do currently have a much better browsing experience. If I absolutely had to recommend a droid device, I really liked the slim and slender Droid Eris that features no physical keyboard. I liked it because it was slim and sleek and had a trackball, lol. I should mention it is sort of an entry level Droid device but runs the same 2.1 software that most current Droids run.
    Last edited by sf18443; 06-17-10 at 10:08 PM.
    06-17-10 10:05 PM
    i cant wait for the S3 and if the BOLD is better than the S2 then i dont wanna down grade for a touch screen...i like the droid but idk...is either stay wit BB or get the droid...but no major problems wit BB...I REALLY like the soild feel. and i like BBM...i will sleep on it and google some more..ive heard a lot of Touch Screen issues with the droid though...
    The absolute reason I do not own a droid is the battery life issue. It's that simple.
    06-17-10 10:09 PM
    yea...the battery life supposedly sux. anyone have anyother stuff to add. trying to get the pros and cons...
    06-17-10 10:14 PM
    You can also check out the Droid vs blackberry thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/droi...kberry-358729/

06-17-10 10:19 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD