Hello,

I own an at&t 9700 that I bought a year ago and I currently use it with Orange (Israeli carrier). Up until yesterday i had the 5.something OS, and recently (two weeks ago) it started to have problems of shutdown, and especially with the BBM (I wrote a massage and it sends every latter for itself).
    I thought its software problem so I upgraded it to 6.0 Bundle 1879 and it worked for like 5 hours and the problems got worse...I can'tdo anything, it's like a pop up bomb can't text at all,can't dial, BBM problem got back.

I went to a lab just to clean it (the parts, not wipe clean) and they say there is noting wrong.

I would REALLY appreciate ANY IDEA/HELP!!

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by eladr297; 08-26-11 at 04:35 PM.
    08-26-11 03:48 AM
    How did you do your upgrade to OS 6?

I would suggest wiping the device and using BBSAK and starting a fresh. Don't forget to shrink the new OS or you will run out of memory space pretty quickly.

Eddie
    08-26-11 04:15 AM
    How did you do your upgrade to OS 6?

I would suggest wiping the device and using BBSAK and starting a fresh. Don't forget to shrink the new OS or you will run out of memory space pretty quickly.

Eddie
    08-26-11 04:16 AM
    I'm upgrading via BB desktop software....I'm not really sure what is BBSAK..is there any guide?

Tnx again
    08-26-11 05:51 AM
    Instructions can be found here....

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...-bbsak-570663/

If you search for BBSAK you will find all you need to know within this site, it has been covered many times!
    eladr297 likes this.
    08-26-11 07:10 AM
    So...BBSAK didn't work..

Any other suggestions?
    08-26-11 03:25 PM
    So...BBSAK didn't work..

Any other suggestions?
    Did you download and install the device software version 6 and installed it on your computer? What app version was it? 6.0.0.358 or older, or 6.0.0.448 or newer? Have you tried OS 5 yet? You'll need to download and install it first, from either a leaked, another carrier. There is a thread, search up either 5.0.0.938, 5.0.0.862 or 5.0.0.1014. You'll need to delete the vendor.xml file before loading it up. If you didn't click Wipe Device before loading the OS, I advise you to do that first. Then when you get the 507 error, you are clean slate.

PS. If apploader prompts you about keeping newer applications, choose the older versions when downgrading to avoid conflicts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 07:26 PM
    Did you download and install the device software version 6 and installed it on your computer? What app version was it? 6.0.0.358 or older, or 6.0.0.448 or newer? Have you tried OS 5 yet? You'll need to download and install it first, from either a leaked, another carrier. There is a thread, search up either 5.0.0.938, 5.0.0.862 or 5.0.0.1014. You'll need to delete the vendor.xml file before loading it up. If you didn't click Wipe Device before loading the OS, I advise you to do that first. Then when you get the 507 error, you are clean slate.

PS. If apploader prompts you about keeping newer applications, choose the older versions when downgrading to avoid conflicts.

I downloaded 2 versions - (1) 6.0.0.600 (2)5.0.0.979 and installed it on my computer. I deleted the Vendor.xml in both.

I followed the instructions (i did it twice, one for each OS) and got 507 error and then re-installed.
    It got really messed up, I can't do anything...

This is how it looks -
    08-27-11 02:06 AM
    Do you have insurance on it to get a replacement? Sounds like a possible bad membrane.

08-27-11 02:11 AM
    I wish....but there was one time that it worked perfectly (first upgrade) for like 5 hours...so I didn't think it could be the membrane,but now that you said it..Any chance that a private lab can fix it?
    Last edited by eladr297; 08-27-11 at 02:52 AM.
    08-27-11 02:43 AM
    Most likely a repair shop in your area. I doubt the lab could do anything better than chancing it, or destroying it.

mobibiz likes this.
    08-27-11 02:48 AM
    I'd recommend you to remove the flash card from the device and check it out. But it's really strange that the device after being wiped from app loader/BBSAK and still does not work. I'd recommend you try this out Force wipe a blackberry that does not work. (All Models - All OS versions). Once the device is wiped and you get 507, reinstall the OS using the desktop manager or rather if possible use a different computer. I'd say at this point in time prepare for the worst and try for the best. Also was there a liquid damage on the device? or is any of the keys stuck ? could be the guys who serviced it have damaged something in.
    08-27-11 02:53 AM
    I've tried the JL_Cmder also...got 507, re installed OS and still - nothing changed..

No liquid damage, but it do feel like the scroll pad is stuck..

I'll take it to a rapir shop, and we'll see from there....

Thank you (everyone here) for the help, I really appreciate that!
    mobibiz likes this.
    08-27-11 03:59 AM
    This is how it looks - [/QUOTE]

Seriously messed up
    08-27-11 08:15 PM
    Are you using two different accounts? :S

08-28-11 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD