Last edited by chetzy; 12-11-08 at 04:46 AM.
    12-10-08 04:03 PM
    yes, it got fully debranded when you first flashed it.
    12-10-08 04:33 PM
    thanks Gogi, it works great...
    12-10-08 04:51 PM
    Problem fixed !!!

Lemos, message me if you need the file.

Cheers
    I need it too. Could you email to: argbroker@gmailDOTcom

Thanks,
    12-10-08 06:04 PM
    12-11-08 04:38 AM
    hi guys, seems im having similar problems. phone is set up for mass storage but when connected to the PC (running Vista) the PC does not recognise it as a separate drive at all. It used to recognise it without any problems as Blackberry 1 and 2, then just stopped.

I haven't unlocked the phone or anything like that, it is on the 190 fw but simply wont show up as a separate drive of the PC when connected via USB cable.

Will dowloading the file from rapidshare resolve this issue considering my phone was not unlocked like the original poster?

Many thanks guys
    12-11-08 09:52 AM
    I guess you will find out pretty soon
    12-11-08 11:18 AM
    Found the solution on pinstack!

Original thread - PinStack.com Forums

Link to the updated version: rapidshare . c 0 m / files / 172162874 / repair . rar

I did this on both an 8310 and 9000 which were unlocked using MFI Multi-Loader and lost mass storage. Now BOTH work perfectly! I don't know if this will help with a non-unlocked phone, but worth a shot...
    12-23-08 10:58 AM
    Lemos

That link worked thanks
    12-31-08 04:28 AM
    This link is dead - i need a fix

Can anyone help me please?
    01-14-09 04:10 AM
    I am very pleased to hear that link has been killed.

There is no excuse for using a RIM OS which has been illegally hacked, and hosted on a warez site. It presents a serious risk to the security of the user's phone and computer.
    01-14-09 07:00 AM
    agreed - but i still have no mass storage
    01-19-09 01:42 AM
    I have a simple safe utility that works, no hacked OS replacement neccesary. I had the same mass storage problem and running this program fixed it. Heres a link to the download. Instructions are included in teh archive file, but it you want a repeat, simply connect your bb to your pc, run desktop manager, ensuring that the BB is connected and recognized, then run the program, once it runs and restarts the phone (you'll see "paused" in the DOS window) remove the bb, allow it to startup on its own...and thats it, problem solved. Close the DOS window manually and reconnect the BB, you should now see the BB being recognized along with the internal storage and media card shwoing up as additional drives. The link to the fix follows..

PinStack.com
    Last edited by gangstanerd; 01-19-09 at 02:21 AM. Reason: added link
    01-19-09 02:21 AM
    I have a simple safe utility that works, no hacked OS replacement neccesary. I had the same mass storage problem and running this program fixed it. Heres a link to the download. Instructions are included in teh archive file, but it you want a repeat, simply connect your bb to your pc, run desktop manager, ensuring that the BB is connected and recognized, then run the program, once it runs and restarts the phone (you'll see "paused" in the DOS window) remove the bb, allow it to startup on its own...and thats it, problem solved. Close the DOS window manually and reconnect the BB, you should now see the BB being recognized along with the internal storage and media card shwoing up as additional drives. The link to the fix follows..
    Has anyone else tried this?
    01-19-09 07:10 AM
    yep - i tried this

the link downloads six 'attachment.php' files (possibly more but it repeats the file names after 6)

i have no idea what they are and cant open them.

Gangstanerd - what is this please?
    01-20-09 02:21 AM
    The link I had posted prior to that was for the CMD program that restores it. I can verify the one I used works. I have found two varients. I used the older varient on an 8310 and it worked, and the newer on my 9000. Let me know if you have questions, but it's straightforward .

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Edit:
    This is to restore Mass Media support for those who have lost it due to an unlock, and, on a side note, unlocking is not illegal. If you buy your phone you may use it as you please.
    Last edited by spyder91; 01-20-09 at 01:19 PM.
    01-20-09 01:13 PM

PinStack.com
    The linked fix does work. Interestingly enough, this problem happened to me from a phone that was from repair, not through an unlock...
    01-20-09 03:45 PM
    Worked for me too

Had a brand new Bold from Vodafone. Couldn't connect via mass storage mode, used the repair tool and it fixed it.
    01-20-09 07:33 PM
    Excxelent

No more roxio

Thankyou so much Gangstanerd
    01-21-09 02:59 AM
    Great this worked for me also, as scared as I was opening a file called haha.exe
    01-21-09 10:47 PM
    If you use MML to unbrand, unlock, etc.

There is a way that you can turn Mass Storage on the safe way.

First activate the escreen mode. Press Alt + Shift + H (this is information screen rather than escreen mode) . This will lead you to a screen about your blackberry. To activate the engineer screen, you must obtain a code to enter at the Alt+Shifrt+H screen. This can be done with MML. Enter the hidden mode of MML and click escreen. Enter the information it ask and then it will generate a code for you. Enter this code at the Alt+shift+H screen. If you unbrand it to vendor 1, you can by pass this step since you loaded your vendor as an engineer sample.

After unlocking the Engineer Screen Content. Find OS Engineering Screens -> USB -> USB Port Information

Here you will see Mass Storage. Enable it and you ll be able to use your mass storage again.

The reason most of people can't use mass storage mode is because MML loads the software default as disable for storage mode. You have to re enable.
    01-22-09 06:59 AM
    If you use MML to unbrand, unlock, etc.

There is a way that you can turn Mass Storage on the safe way.

First activate the escreen mode. Press Alt + Shift + H (this is information screen rather than escreen mode) . This will lead you to a screen about your blackberry. To activate the engineer screen, you must obtain a code to enter at the Alt+Shifrt+H screen. This can be done with MML. Enter the hidden mode of MML and click escreen. Enter the information it ask and then it will generate a code for you. Enter this code at the Alt+shift+H screen. If you unbrand it to vendor 1, you can by pass this step since you loaded your vendor as an engineer sample.

After unlocking the Engineer Screen Content. Find OS Engineering Screens -> USB -> USB Port Information

Here you will see Mass Storage. Enable it and you ll be able to use your mass storage again.

The reason most of people can't use mass storage mode is because MML loads the software default as disable for storage mode. You have to re enable.
    This is spot-on.

What method would you use to change the vendor code?
    01-30-09 10:38 AM
    You have to search around for the correct vendor code. There are a lot of blackberry and each have a specific file that you have to load. I don't think I can discuss it in this forum. If you PM personally, I ll talk to you more about it.
    02-02-09 11:02 AM
    You have to search around for the correct vendor code. There are a lot of blackberry and each have a specific file that you have to load. I don't think I can discuss it in this forum. If you PM personally, I ll talk to you more about it.
    I actually already figured it outand made my own, so no worries. Thanks for the response though.
    Last edited by spyder91; 02-02-09 at 11:51 AM.
    02-02-09 11:48 AM
    Also worked for my Bold 9000.
    02-05-09 11:14 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD