heyg uys,
    just noticed a problem on my bold - ive had itfor 4 mths with no issues whatsoever (aside from my addiction to it..)
    the battery is draining like crazy. wifi and bluetooth off, no apps running and it drains to 65% in about 90 minutes. it drained a full charge in 5 hrs earlier. i havent added/deleted any programs lately.... whats the problem???

only thing i could think of was to do a battery pu ll and it didnt help. what i did notice wasl ast night i did one and most of my icons disappeared, all the messaging ones, and a few games. did anothe rpull and they were back.. maybe something updated on me?
    05-30-09 12:53 AM
    have u tried killin the battery and recharging it back up??
    05-30-09 12:55 AM
    have u tried killin the battery and recharging it back up??
    it drained to 10% last night, but not the whole way. should i let it drain and is this a known solution? i know that ive seen battery issue threads on her ebefore
    05-30-09 12:57 AM
    Completely draining the battery will harm it. As doing this multiple times will decrease its life.
    If you have warranty, just have it replaced..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 01:00 AM
    Completely draining the battery will harm it. As doing this multiple times will decrease its life.
    If you have warranty, just have it replaced..

i dont - i believe rogers' return window is 30 days
    05-30-09 01:03 AM
    I had a Toronto Maple leafs program that updated scores and articles automatically... Even tho the program never showed as running it was constantly refreshing... My battery would die within a few hours... I checked all my programs and changed that one to manual update and voila! No more abttery issue... It lasts at least 1 - 2 days now... I would check all your programs and make sure nothing is auto updating

05-30-09 01:16 AM
    I had a Toronto Maple leafs program that updated scores and articles automatically... Even tho the program never showed as running it was constantly refreshing... My battery would die within a few hours... I checked all my programs and changed that one to manual update and voila! No more abttery issue... It lasts at least 1 - 2 days now... I would check all your programs and make sure nothing is auto updating

the only thing that does is viigo but ive had that forever with no battery issues
    05-30-09 01:18 AM
    the only thing that does is viigo but ive had that forever with no battery issues
    Have you installed anything recently? Apps or OS or...
    05-30-09 01:26 AM
    Have you installed anything recently? Apps or OS or...
    like i said before, nothing new in the last 2 weeks or so. the only odd thing was i did a battery pull, most of my icons disapeared, did another and they came back. thought thta rogers might have sent service books or something... thats all i can come up with
    05-30-09 01:30 AM
    Completely draining the battery will harm it.
    Is this true? I've always heard a complete drain was good for these batteries...
    05-30-09 01:57 AM
    Ive never heard of a complete battery drain being bad for a battery. Doing this assists in the battery not developing a memory
    05-30-09 07:21 AM
    Ive never heard of a complete battery drain being bad for a battery. Doing this assists in the battery not developing a memory
    Sorry, not for Li Ions. They do not develop a memory.
    Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You issue is either a faulty battery or an app running. Double check your Viigo settings and make sure it's not updating, something may have accidentally been changed.
    05-30-09 08:45 AM
    th problem seems to have remedied itself, lol. i didnt do anything or change anything. maybe it j ust didnt get a good charge last time so it drained faster
    05-30-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD