Hi people, I'm posting via my BB so I apologise if this question has been asked before...

In my contacts list I have my hotmail email contacts integrated and my phone contacts however it looks pretty messy/hard to navigate round. I'm wondering if there is a way to hide the emails addresses showing up in my list without me having to go to each one and adding it to my 'business' filter? I can't delete each one because they then won't come up when I begin typing the address when creating any email.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated; thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 04:15 PM
    I don't understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to segregate your contacts that only have email addresses from the contacts that only have phone numbers? Filtering would be one way to do that.
    07-09-11 04:53 PM
    I don't understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to segregate your contacts that only have email addresses from the contacts that only have phone numbers? Filtering would be one way to do that.
    Yeah that is exactly what I'm trying to do but filtering every email will result in me having messier 'personal' and 'business' lists. Thing is I tried to set a contact group for my emails but it doesn't let me add them in.

So the only way of segregating them is through filtering, yeah?

07-09-11 05:10 PM
    Filtering uses contact groups. If you assign all your hotmail email addresses to one group and your phone number contacts to a different group, you can filter them by group. You can create as many different groups as you want. You aren't limited to business and personal. Note though that while a given contact can belong to multiple groups, you can only filter on one group at a time, that is, you can only check one filter box at a time.
    07-09-11 05:50 PM
    Just curious questioning here, but why the need to have your e-mail contacts seperate from your phone contacts? Only asking because I have a few e-mail only contacts in my contact list, and unless I go into the contact, you would never know its an e-mail only or phone number contact, not messy at all.

07-09-11 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD