Hi there, I cannot send videos that I have recorded either by text message or via whatsapp - is this normal? I read in a review somewhere that 9900's cannot send large video files, but to put this to the test I recorded a 1 second video and tried to send it via text message and even then it said 'media file is too large to send.' 1 second video, are you kidding me??! Surely there wouldn't be an option to send videos if the phone wasn't capable of it? I can receive videos from friends fine. Plus some friends with older blackberrys than me can send videos fine!! Surely my newer model should be able to do that too, and then some? Somebody please help! Thanks in advance!
    04-15-12 12:08 PM
    Switch your video recording to MMS mode and see if you can send them.
    04-15-12 01:19 PM
    Yeah MMS mode is the way to go if you want to send the vid.
    04-16-12 06:11 AM
    You don't need to switch to MMS if you want to send on WhatsApp, BBM.
    You just have to navigate to the video from the media menu, then select send from there; as opposed to choosing 'send video' from within bbm or whatsapp.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-16-12 06:57 AM
    You may still want to select MMS mode (or at least one of the lower-quality recording modes) when creating the video, however. The default HD-quality recording modes on newer devices like the 9900 generate enormous files, which easily exceed the maximum file sizes supported by apps like WhatsApp.
    04-16-12 11:33 AM
    Thankyou so much guys! It completely worked when I changed it to mms mode! Yey, now I can send vids! Lovely! X
    04-19-12 06:13 AM
    Hey guys thanks for the information. I too was having problems but switching to MMS Mode did the trick
    02-21-13 07:09 PM
    Switch your video recording to MMS mode and see if you can send them.
    01-18-15 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD