I recently switched from att to verizon because I moved and I had to give up my bold for the tour. I am selling the bold on ebay. I did a factory wipe but I noticed a lot of phones are "unlocked." What does "unlocked" even mean, and should I sell my bold "unlocked" or does that even matter. Thanks.
    08-05-09 11:03 AM
    I recently switched from att to verizon because I moved and I had to give up my bold for the tour. I am selling the bold on ebay. I did a factory wipe but I noticed a lot of phones are "unlocked." What does "unlocked" even mean, and should I sell my bold "unlocked" or does that even matter. Thanks.

unlocked phones can be used on any phone carriers network. For instance i have a att&t brnaded bold but it is unlocked so i use it on t-mobiles service.

You could sell your phone unlocked and still get a good price for it but youll make more money selling an unlocked phone cause anyone can buyu it and use it. U can get you phone unlocked for $19 or even call At&t and have them give u the code for free.....up to u if you wanna go thru that or just sell as is

most of th time people will go for an unlocked phone than one that is locked. i personally would buy a locked phone cause they cheaper and get it unlocked myself.

how much u selln it for?
    08-05-09 11:19 AM
    Well, I'm selling it with a case mate smart case, and another case that just covers the back and sides, along with everything it came with. I dunno, I was hoping to get between 175 and 200. It works perfectly, I updated the OS to .266 and its great.
    08-05-09 11:39 AM
    I also have already canceled my contract with att, will I still be able to unlock it?
    08-05-09 12:01 PM
    Well, I'm selling it with a case mate smart case, and another case that just covers the back and sides, along with everything it came with. I dunno, I was hoping to get between 175 and 200. It works perfectly, I updated the OS to .266 and its great.
    PM me, if you haven't sold it already I'm interested. Or, put it up in the marketplace section.
    08-05-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD