Hello everyone, I recently moved from IL to AZ and had to switch from att to verizon. Thus, I had to cancel mid contract and sign up with verizon. I had a bold with att and now i got a tour, so I am putting my bold on the market.

What do I need to do with the bold so that it is ready for someone else to use? I know their is a designated thread for this but I don't have enough posts for that one. Also, if anyone is interested let me know. Thanks!
    07-26-09 03:18 PM
    Probably need to wipe the handheld and take your your mem stick. Other than that you should be good to go!
    07-26-09 03:47 PM
    Hey thanks! Its a shame because I love the Bold and do not want to sell it but its the best move for me right now. Thanks again. Also, if anyone might be interested PM me.

I bought the phone in March so it is in good shape, I updated the OS to .266, I have a case mate skin and screen protector.
    07-26-09 03:49 PM
    Just manually delete your contacts and messages and throw it up on ebay. If its loaded with stuff it might net you more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 03:50 PM
    Just give it a factory wipe.
    07-26-09 04:01 PM
    Factory wipe and get the PIN cleared.
    07-26-09 04:11 PM
    How do I do a factory wipe?
    07-26-09 06:44 PM
    Go to options > security options > general settings. Then hit the BB button to the left of the trackball and press "wipe handheld". It will ask if you want to include 3rd party apps in the wiping process. Click that box to indicate that you do and you're good to go.
    07-26-09 06:50 PM
    Go to options > security options > general settings. Then hit the BB button to the left of the trackball and press "wipe handheld". It will ask if you want to include 3rd party apps in the wiping process. Click that box to indicate that you do and you're good to go.
    Or just do that lol

07-26-09 06:53 PM
    You forgot:

Profit!
    07-26-09 07:03 PM
    make sure you get the pin cleared by AT/T or else the buyer will have to go through a lot of hassle
    07-26-09 08:42 PM
    How much were you looking to less the bold for?

07-26-09 08:54 PM
    step by step

:

1)sync your contacts one last time to Outlook
    or your preferred mail program

2) go into the phone via computer and copy out
    all your favorite pictures and anything you want to keep

3) be sure all emails have been re emailed to your other email

4) do one last check that all contents that you care about is backed up!

5) do a FULL desktop manager backup ( of all applications as well )

6) get ready for phone wipe.

A) goto Options ( aka wrench ) then >> Security Options

b) Goto General Settings

c) Press the Blackberry Key ( aka Menu key )

d) select Wipe hand held

e) include 3rd party application is checked

f) Type blackberry

g) GO!

put the phone down and let it do its work
    should take 10-15 min on BIS, on BES could take longer

all the best!
    07-26-09 09:11 PM
    Just curious why you have to switch from Verizon to AT&T out there. Is it a coverage issue or something else?
    07-26-09 11:12 PM
    I live in AZ and have AT&T. Why would you have to change to Verizon? Makes no sense to me. I wouldn't give up my Bold.
    07-27-09 12:07 AM
    Just curious why you have to switch from Verizon to AT&T out there. Is it a coverage issue or something else?
    The switch was FROM AT&T to Verizon.
    07-27-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD