so i have decided to sell my blackberry bold. the reason for starting this thread is because i need a little advice when it comes to selling the phone, its mostly in regards to the pin. what should i do once i sell it? because rogers knows this pin is assigned to me, so should i have the person buying it call them up and let them know that i have sold the phone to them? and please, do not write any comments telling me to keep the bold, i like the iphone a lot more. any help i could get would be appreciated, thank you.
    06-11-09 12:11 PM
    make sure you delete your email accounts as well
    06-11-09 12:17 PM
    Hey, curveman
    First what you have to do is, inform rogers you are selling the bold/giving it to a family, so they can release the pin. Rogers should contact Blackberry Support to do this for you. If not, then you should try doing this yourself. Usually the pin is registered under the carrier and your carrier would be able to release it if they choose to. Once this is done, you can sell the phone without a problem. just remember to do a wipe on the phone and your set. The person purchasing the phone should be able to activate it as normal.
    06-11-09 12:40 PM
    thanks for the help guys.
    06-11-09 02:41 PM
    Release the pin? What are you guys talking about? That's BS.

It's a GSM phone. Just sell it and be done with it. There's no need to release anything. I've done this way too many times.
    06-11-09 03:52 PM
    Oh and by the way... you'll be back
    06-11-09 03:52 PM
    That's not bull**** actually. And you do have to release the PIN if you want to sell it to somebody else. And the carrier should be able to release the PIN without have to contact RIM about this.
    06-11-09 04:59 PM
    whats the main reason behind releasing the pin? what will happen if i just sell the phone after deleting all my info off of it?
    06-11-09 06:23 PM
    also whats the absolute best way to remove everything off of the device?
    06-11-09 06:42 PM
    I would wipe the device and do a fresh OS install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 06:44 PM
    1.do a full wipe (using JL commander)
    2.reinstall OS
    3.if you are selling to someone who already has a BB, then you do not need to release the pin. Once the new user signs on to his/her BIS website, it will automatically detect the new BB
    4.if a 1st time BB user, then you will have to call in so that they will release the pin so that your BIS account will not be associated with the BB.
    06-11-09 06:50 PM
    I know that when I change my phone I usually login to my att/blackberry account on BlackBerry Internet Service

The blackberry email is different from the login. Once you login you can either change the device or delete the email that is associated to that device.

Remember the att.blackberry.net email is only accessed to that one blackberry device.

Once you do that I would just do a wipe on the phone.
    06-11-09 06:52 PM
    Release the pin? What are you guys talking about? That's BS.

It's a GSM phone. Just sell it and be done with it. There's no need to release anything. I've done this way too many times.
    You don't know what your talking about. OP ignore this tool. I'm getting quite tired of reading your posts around here. They're unhelpful and wrong most of the time. You claimt to know all that is "Blackberry" but your posts show otherwise.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JasonBourne; 06-11-09 at 06:55 PM.
    06-11-09 06:52 PM
    well im going to release the pin anyways. thanks for all the help everyone.

bmwmpower, no i will not be back with the blackberry. iphone suits my needs better, only upsides to a berry are email and bbm, they are 2 things that i can easily do without.
    06-11-09 07:00 PM
    well im going to release the pin anyways.
    Good plan. The next person will appreciate the forethought.
    06-11-09 07:02 PM
    i am for some reason having a problem with JL commander, it opens but after i hit the enter key, the program keeps flashing red.. ive used it before without any problems, anyone have any ideas?
    06-11-09 07:35 PM
    i am selling my bold as well and need to figure out what to do. never sold a blackberry before.

so I should wipe the phone (is using crackmem ok?) and then reinstall the OS? as for ATT BIS, I deleted my email account. Now what? Not sure what to do with the pin.
    06-14-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD