06-18-09 04:30 PM
31 12
tools
    Is there any way to have a second phone on the same phone? If I was to have a business and personal number, could both calls come to my bold so I don't need to carry two phones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 01:12 PM
    Can you set your personal phone to foward your calls to your business phone, thats what I do with my home number.
    04-30-09 01:14 PM
    Is there any way to have a second phone on the same phone? If I was to have a business and personal number, could both calls come to my bold so I don't need to carry two phones?
    For a business line, I have a Watts/Toll free line forwarded to my cel number, that way, after business hours I can forward it to the office so I do not get after hours phone calls from clients. Also, it provides a service for free to my clients.
    04-30-09 01:20 PM
    Or unlock your phone and get another sim card/phone number. Works great.

04-30-09 04:30 PM
    I know there is a capability to put two phone numbers on one SIM, but it is up to the operator to enable it.

This is a great feature if you travel to the same place all the time and want to have two (different city) local phone numbers
    04-30-09 04:32 PM
    https://www.voip.com/ml2/Default.asp

Get a 2nd line on your Mobile Phone! First Month Free!
    A small application download adds a second line of your choice to your cell phone. It's really that simple!

Both Plans Include
    First Month Free
    No setup fee!
    A new number on your cell phone
    Send and receive calls
    A separate voicemail box
    Screen calls
    Keep your cell phone number private
    Save up to 99% on international calls
    Instant activation!
    No hidden fees
    Choose a number from any area code, no matter where you're actually located
    Requirements:
    Java Enabled Cellular Phone or Blackberry Cellular Phone with OS 4.0 (color devices) or greater, Windows Smartphone with PocketPC 5.0

Cellular phone service with data plan
    They offer two plans, $24.95/mo for unlimited calling or $9.95/mo at 200 minutes/mo and 2.7cents for each additional minute. And they advertise some pretty awesome international rates as well.

Sounds like exactly what you are asking.
    Last edited by davebelger; 04-30-09 at 04:59 PM.
    04-30-09 04:53 PM
    Yes this is, thank you. But someone mentioned something about getting another sim. How would that work considering I can only put one in my phone at a time?

06-13-09 10:14 AM
    [QUOTE=knicksfan1025;2797342]Yes this is, thank you. But someone mentioned something about getting another sim. How would that work considering I can only put one in my phone at a time?

I think he was trying to tell you to get a secong line and you will have two sim cards and each have its own number and switch them and use them accordingly. That means you will still have one line at a time. I dont think this is what you are looking for.
    06-13-09 02:03 PM
    Use the Samsung dual Sim Card ... phone it will save you from bringing two phones at times.
    06-13-09 02:10 PM
    Dual sim card for mobile phone BlackBerry 9000-Bold
    Check out this, it's a dual SIM adapter, very reputable company, and this solution works like miracle. You can switch between the active SIM cards anytime without rebooting the BB, and if you enable call forwarding on one of the SIMs to the other one, then you can receive calls from both of your numbers simultaneously.
    Cutting the SIM card is easy, and will not "damage" the chip, only remove the unneeded plastic.
    06-13-09 08:22 PM
    I know with rogers in canada, but check with your carrier you can add 2 numbers onto the same phone (sim) and yes give them out like one for business and one for personal and either or will ring whenever they are being used.

It cost something like $15.00 per month for the extra number.
    06-13-09 08:37 PM
    Not exactly cetain this is what you're going for but until Google Voice comes out Vumber - Home of the virtual phone number. For $10/month you get a second phone number that you can forward to any phone and dial in to dial out with the new call I'd. 1200 minutes

06-14-09 12:05 AM
    Good info boredapapa ,,, thats awesome but would it hurt the warranty or something if you are doing it that way ?
    06-14-09 12:10 AM
    thank you for this, it seems like the best way to do this would be to either 1. forward a second phone to my phone or
    2. pay for a service like voip or vumber
    06-14-09 01:32 AM
    I can't wait for Google Voice
    06-14-09 01:35 AM
    I use Google Voice for this. There are still a few issues for Google to iron out, but it works pretty well.

The one thing I wish they would do is make a Google Voice app to help with managing calls etc.

06-14-09 01:39 AM
    what does google voice do?
    06-14-09 01:43 AM
    You can learn more about Google Voice here: Google Voice

06-14-09 01:51 AM
    This is pretty sweet. When you are done then you can call yourself.

06-14-09 01:57 AM
    What about Truphone? It's PAYG, and let's you call Google Talk users free.

06-14-09 03:18 AM
    Good info boredapapa ,,, thats awesome but would it hurt the warranty or something if you are doing it that way ?
    No, it would not void the warranty of the phone, since we do not make any modifications on the phone itself, we just modify the SIM card, and the provider can easily replace the SIM card, if you change your mind for a nominal fee, for example, it would take 10 bucks for me.
    It's easy and cheap, has no monthly fee, just the one time 40, the price of the adapter.
    I think it is the best solution so far, of course until they come out with a real dual-SIM BB at RIM...
    06-14-09 06:32 AM
    Rogers tells me i can't buy a second sim card without setting up another plan on it.

Basically i can't have 2 sims to one phone, like 2 numbers separate sims and swich them when i want.

I want to change my number per say, but still keep my old number/sim active. They said no you can't do this as the old sim will be deactivated once the new one is activated.

Ok so is this true or what can i do or any ideas .. no i don't want a dual sim card, just two sims, two numbers.. switch when i want to.
    06-14-09 01:47 PM
    any chance you are a grand central member? you can upgrade for free to google voice if you are. google voice is awsome!!!
    06-14-09 01:59 PM
    I actually have two numbers assigned to one sim card. The second number is a virtual number. People can dial that number and it terminates on my mobile number. I pay two separate msf for the lines. But i am from the philippines. I am not sure if telco's in the USA offer it for mobile service. I now vonage does but thats a different service.
    06-14-09 02:50 PM
    Grand Central is not available for Canadian users.

I want a second number for FREE no costs ... if possible any ideas where for Canadians to use?
    06-14-09 05:35 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD